Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland tonight

• 07-04-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Good result for City. 3 on the bounce. Looking good.

Went along to Oriel Park for the Rovers match. Freezing rain spoiled the quality of football but the game definetely had an edge that made it very watchable nonetheless.

On the way home turned on Radio 1 to get match reports from the country and to my dismay RTE had no reporters at the grounds tonight. Our National Broadcaster! Disgrace IMO!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Good result for City. 3 on the bounce. Looking good.

Went along to Oriel Park for the Rovers match. Freezing rain spoiled the quality of football but the game definetely had an edge that made it very watchable nonetheless.

On the way home turned on Radio 1 to get match reports from the country and to my dismay RTE had no reporters at the grounds tonight. Our National Broadcaster! Disgrace IMO!:mad:

I was there as well. The match was good enough although not a classic. The weather kind of ruined it tbh. Lost count of the amount of times players slipped.

Still another 3 points made it worth it. I was impressed with drogs. I thought they'd be worse than they were given they lost so many players from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Miserable weather at the cross, but a decent crowd considering (2,174).

Good win, looked like scoring more. 3 wins in the last 3 games, let's hope city can keep it up now.

Results from tonight:
    Cork City 1-0 Drogheda
    Dundalk 0-1 Shamrock Rovers
    Galway 0-2 Bohs
    St. Pats 0-3 Derry
    Sligo 2-1 Bray Wanderers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cannot complain about the result. 3 points are 3 points afterall. But I ahve to say, we must have the worst 2 strikers in the league. This Siligalias guy is brutal, and Behan is a lump. How he got MOTM baffles me.

The crowd last night were pretty much all people who would have paid in last night, making the "free" decision all the more baffling.
    I was impressed with drogs.

You are kidding right? They were horrible, no imagination, nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

gimmick wrote: »
    The crowd last night were pretty much all people who would have paid in last night, making the "free" decision all the more baffling.

Were season ticket holders being handed money on the way in, or were they ripped off? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

But I ahve to say, we must have the worst 2 strikers in the league. This Siligalias guy is brutal, and Behan is a lump. How he got MOTM baffles me.

Oh, you'd be wrong on that one! Cast your eye towards Richmond Park and you may notice Glen Fitzpatrick and Kyle Moran taking the absolute p!ss.

Last night was a joke. I thought the opening day farce at Galway was bad, but this was worse. No passion at all. Tackling seemed to be banned on the Pat's side last night.

Jeff Kenna is crazy if he thinks John Lester is good enough for Pat's. I wouldn't insult any other club in the league by saying he's only good enough to play for them (even Rovers!! :) ). Even the first division would be stretching it. He's overweight, huffs and puffs and does f*ck all except gives the ball away, and that's on the rare occasion he even gets near the ball.
    Daragh Ryan seemed to forget he was even playing on the left side. The amount of space Derry got down there was incredible and Pat's just didn't seem to learn. Derry carved us open so easily.
    I was soaked, i was wet and not even a free Cadbury's Creme Egg upon entrance could lighten the mood as i watched that sh!te.
    Three wins and three defeats. That sums Pat's up. I don't think we'll be battling relegation, i don't think we'll be battling for the title, we'll just be smack bang in the middle.

Maybe we can win a cup or something...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

monkey9 wrote: »
    Jeff Kenna is crazy if he thinks John Lester is good enough for Pat's. I wouldn't insult any other club in the league by saying he's only good enough to play for them (even Rovers!! :) ). Even the first division would be stretching it. He's overweight, huffs and puffs and does f*ck all except gives the ball away, and that's on the rare occasion he even gets near the ball.

If the ball was in batter he'd get near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Töpher wrote: »
    Were season ticket holders being handed money on the way in, or were they ripped off? :pac:

We wuz shafted, shafted I tells ya. It seems we season ticket holders are expempt from these recessionary times.
    Oh, you'd be wrong on that one! Cast your eye towards Richmond Park and you may notice Glen Fitzpatrick and Kyle Moran taking the absolute p!ss.

Hmm, an interesting debate. Who is more shít. We will have to see as the seaosn progresses. Our donkesys tally so far is 4. What about yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He's overweight
    Wasn't there a SPA sacked last season for being fat?

Weird one that.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shels will win the Premier again before you lot win the cup.
    :D:pac:

We wuz shafted, shafted I tells ya. It seems we season ticket holders are expempt from these recessionary times.

Hmm, an interesting debate. Who is more shít. We will have to see as the seaosn progresses. Our donkesys tally so far is 4. What about yours?

Although Quigley plays up forward and Fitz usually comes on as a sub. Except he started last night and Moran played on the right side of midfield.

Craziness all over the pitch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Kyle Moran is shít.

He played for Shels in our first year of demotion.

That's how shít he is.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shels will win the Premier again before you lot win the cup.
    :D:pac:

Hmmmmm, i'll take any cup at this stage. Our fusbal team are quite good!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't there a SPA sacked last season for being fat?

Weird one that:

Yeah, Michael Keane. He says it was just an excuse to get him off the wage bill. He was probably right though.

In saying that, he was crap whenever he played!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Yeah, Michael Keane. He says it was just an excuse to get him off the wage bill. He was probably right though.

Any idea what he is doing with himself now?

Draupnir wrote: »
    Any idea what he is doing with himself now?

Last i heard he was touting for clubs to make an offer. He said he didn't train in the summer cos his 'head wasn't right'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He said he didn't train in the summer cos his 'head wasn't right'. :rolleyes:

those babs can mess with your brain dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Last night went as expected, pretty much all the favourites won.
    Nice to see Cork pick up another 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Last night was a joke. I thought the opening day farce at Galway was bad, but this was worse. No passion at all. Tackling seemed to be banned on the Pat's side last night.

Daragh Ryan seemed to forget he was even playing on the left side. The amount of space Derry got down there was incredible and Pat's just didn't seem to learn. Derry carved us open so easily.
    I was soaked, i was wet and not even a free Cadbury's Creme Egg upon entrance could lighten the mood as i watched that sh!te.
    Three wins and three defeats. That sums Pat's up. I don't think we'll be battling relegation, i don't think we'll be battling for the title, we'll just be smack bang in the middle.

that was embarrassing stuff last night

how is glen fitz a footballer????? - although he did better in the 2nd half, his first touch was only going 3 feet in front of him as opposed the 12

i wholeheartedly agree on your lester point, i played against him a few years ago and i have to say he was good then, he must spend his spare time eating orphans these days i reckon, he can't even run properly he's that fat

kenna didn't give a sh!t, he just stood there leaning against the dugout watching it all implode. sure harris had to approach the dugout and tell him what to do when derry went down to 10 - rumour has it that there's dressing room trouble, the lads looked like they didn't want to play last night

cream egg was nice though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Darragh Ryan is a terrible left back. Good at going forward but can't defend for his life. Left wing is the only position he can play.

The problem with Pats I think is simply that they have an average/poor manager. His achievements last season weren't much- he kept the team with the best squad out of the bottom four up. I was surprised that it took Galway until the last day of the season to be safe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He played for Shels in our first year of demotion.

That's how shít he is.

:eek:

Can't complain about a 0-1 win at Oriel and a clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The problem with Pats I think is simply that they have an average/poor manager. His achievements last season weren't much- he kept the team with the best squad out of the bottom four up. I was surprised that it took Galway until the last day of the season to be safe.

We have an average poor side.

Not gonna slate kenna ....yet, we got beat by a good team simple as that we have players Derry have a team.

But without Dempsey i dont think we are better than any team in the league, with him in the middle and our best back 4 playing. we are better than every team in the league.

In defence of Fitz hes a hold up player, no point passing it to him unless your gonna follow up cos it will stick and he will lay it off, our players just not good enough to follow tru.

• Advertisement
Advertisement