Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandal grease

Options
  • 07-04-2009 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Found some kids trespassing today, 'taking a shortcut' over my garage and through the garden. I've also noticed a sharp increase in 'lost balls' in the garden - the burglar's favourite trick for casing the joint.

Where can I buy some vandal grease - that paint that doesn't dry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Frank11

I'm looking for some of this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

Woodies and B&Q call this Anti-Climb paint. It dries like skin on custard, there's still wet stuff underneath, but you have to apply some pressure to break the skin. Climbing up a drain pipe will apply sifficient pressure to break the skin and cover the climber in goo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, oneway, bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Don't forget from a legal standpoint you may be liable for injury caused...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

bauderline wrote: »
    Don't forget from a legal standpoint you may be liable for injury caused...

Put a sign up saying the garage is covered in goo, :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I assume anyone touching paint that has a 'wet paint' sign, in a place where are trespassing anyway, won't be considered injured if it gets on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

http://www.watco.co.uk/asp/autopage.asp?stkGroup=ANTINT&Group=WAL

Based in Dublin. Next day delivery. I'm a customer of theres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

it should be named karma paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Make sure you only apply it from first floor and up........ :eek::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

It was applied to the walls around here by the Corporation, along with a load of signs (which might as well state "This Estate Is Rough - If You Are Decent You Should Leave Now"). It seemed to be effective for a few weeks, but now the wall monkeys are as agile as ever.

I assume they sent the less clever ones on first to soak up the paint, then carried on as normal.

We have a lot of wall traffic here. I'd imagine on a single house though, it could work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement