Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

west of France

• 07-04-2009 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

what are the must sees?
    We are off tomorrow for 10 days
    We intend to head down the west coast and I gather the Children 11&7 will love the aquarium in La Rochelle.
    but in your opinion what are the things that we cannot miss?
    My self and Husband dont really mind as I think Happy Children=happy Mammy=happy Daddy!!
    Now on saying that I do intend to visit some vineyards!!
    If ye know of any markets fruit and veg that sort of thing would be all appreciated.
    Siobhan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

any ideas?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Hi all the small towns and villages have fruit and veg. markets. Do visit Le Mont St Michel on your way up or down from the coast, its worth the visit.
    Enjoy your trip, i hope to head over in May for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

Puy de Fou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

3ps wrote: »
    Puy de Fou

+1

http://www.puydufou.com/uk/ I think they allow overnight parking too with water top-up and waste facilities. If possible stay for the night show which is spectacular.

http://www.camping-la-garangeoire.com/en/index_en.htm is a recommended campsite which we've returned to several times, slightly inland but lots of activities for all the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭irishrver

if you are driving down the west coast you have to drive across to Noirmountier en l,lle the kids will love driving across the sea road/bed when the tide is out the is also a land bridge it is on the routh south from Saint Nazaire lots to do along the route markets play grounds water sports etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 NOTSURE

if you want to visit vineyards join up to passion france,it costs about 27 euro a year and has hundreds of vineyards and farms where you can stay free for one night if you have a camper van,very educational as you can see how its produced from start to finish and try a drop and buy it at great prices,should be on the net if you look,highly recommended and great value as one night pays for it.

Advertisement