Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite quotes of Budget 2009

Options
  • 07-04-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

What was your favourite quote of the budget, regardless of party?

Mine was:

"People see banks bailed out developers,
    the Government bailed out banks,
    taxpayers bailed out the government . . . who is going to bail out the taxpayer?"

-Mr. Bruton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Comment read out by Vincent Browne:
    Our Lord was betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, today we were all betrayed for billions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I will quote someone i know ''Its like dry Anal Sex''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dean D

"Up, up, up."- Opposition TDs encourage Fianna Fáil and Green Party TDs to give Brian Lenihan a standing ovation as they did in October.

"There is some realisation on the benches opposite that this budget does not deserve a standing ovation. I am not surprised."- Richard Bruton's opening remarks.

"This is the budget from hell"- Joan Burton's opening remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

If I hear "Ireland is still open for business" one more time...I will murder cats

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If I hear "Ireland is still open for business" one more time...I will murder cats

You must mean puppies, otherwise it's no sort of threat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

When our Minister for Finance partly blamed the rejection of the Lisbon Treaty for our economic turmoil.

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche." M.Antionette.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

wondered what that meant! :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

+1 on Brutons comments above!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Joan Burton ... "The Budget from Hell"

Well what did you expect woman ..........

To be honest I am sick of listening to pre-electioneering from the opposition with out substance.

I think it was a softer than expected budget and feel the government are holding back in anticipation of a recover of any proportion so they don't have to introduce even more draconian measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 dooardbhoy

Did she not use the first world war analogy describing the irish people as lions led by donkeys. If she had used celtic tigers led by donkeys she might have had a few headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Best quote was Lenhian saying that we'de all have to share the hardship and that Ministers had already given 1/5th of their salary.

I laughed out loud.

"I am an economist, not a moralist"

Prime Time Analysis of the Bank buy out...

...and I am planning to print THAT (or maybe a variation that involves less in the way of "sums") on a T-shirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Quartet

My Favourite was

"Now bend Over" ...at least thats what Im sure BL said...

"The Budget is a Bodice Ripper???" Vincent Browne

Advertisement