Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ppc for office use?

• 08-04-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am looking at the HTC TyTN II from 3 and am interested in using it mostly for creation of word and powerpoint docs. I use 3rd party software (softmaker office - highly recommended) and would love some feedback from anyone with this handset using it for similar purposes.

I am concerned with
    • small screen both literally and QVGA
    • elevated surfaces on back making it difficult to type

I might be better off with HTC Touch Pro but will have to get it at significantly higher price.

Any advice welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

PPC? PowerPC? that doesn't make any sense. what's this 'PPC' about?

you probably better off getting something like an Eee PC if you're actually writing documents with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

towel401 wrote: »
    PPC? PowerPC? that doesn't make any sense. what's this 'PPC' about?

you probably better off getting something like an Eee PC if you're actually writing documents with it

The OP is referring to a Pocket PC.

OP, while I don't edit documents on my Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, the 3" screen is very capable for web browsing and viewing and sending emails. The resolution is 800 x 480, so you may wish to look into handset with a similar resolution, as the 2.8" screen with a 320 x 240 resolution on the HTC TyTN II isn't that great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Rsaeire wrote: »
    The OP is referring to a Pocket PC.

OP, while I don't edit documents on my Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i, the 3" screen is very capable for web browsing and viewing and sending emails. The resolution is 800 x 480, so you may wish to look into handset with a similar resolution, as the 2.8" screen with a 320 x 240 resolution on the HTC TyTN II isn't that great.

didn't know they still called em that. o well i prefer the term Pocket PC anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I have a HTC Touch HD on order. Going to unlock it and sign it up to 3 bill pay. It might not be the best if you intend doing alot of typing. If you do, which I presume you do I recommend:

HTC Touch Pro 2
    http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchpro2/overview.html

Similar to touch hd but with slightly smaller screen and built in keyboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Tytn's indeed not half as good as its rep!
    Xperia's out on o2 and voda, and it has a nice keyboard.
    Palm Treo Pro is an excellent ppc with wm 6.1, and excellent qwerty.
    It's currently my favourite ever - well, 2nd to my e71, which btw though not a ppc does all the things you need!

• Advertisement
Advertisement