Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid social welfare laws

Options
  • 08-04-2009 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I have a few people working for me. Some are single mothers who get different benifets. I was in the lucky position to be able to increase my staffs hours recently. One of the women got a letter from social welfare saying she would loose her single mothers payment every week unless she reduced her working hours from 25-20. The woman explained that she would prefer to work and receive a smaller social welfare payment but social welfare refused. They said all or nothing

So, as an employer, I had to reduce the womans working hours so she can keep her social welfare payments. This does not encourage anybody receiving these payments to make a brighter future for themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I know this seems mad given the government we have, but write to your local TD's with this. Stir up the debate.

Advertisement