Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs on Good friday

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

How many teachers are working today or xmas day?

The thread is actually about pubs opening on Good Friday and yet you're finding a way to whinge about teachers?? Sorry but I've had enough of this. If you want to have Good Friday off too then you go and spend three years in college training to be a teacher, no-one's stopping you. Work hard enough in school to get the 485 points needed to earn your place in Mary I or Pat's or Froebel, then go and study the 15 subjects in the B.Ed programme for three years and get the honours you need in all 15 of them to pass whilst working for free in school at the same time with an inspector breathing down your neck.

Then you'll find yourself with Good Friday off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The thread is actually about pubs opening on Good Friday and yet you're finding a way to whinge about teachers?? Sorry but I've had enough of this. If you want to have Good Friday off too then you go and spend three years in college training to be a teacher, no-one's stopping you. Work hard enough in school to get the 485 points needed to earn your place in Mary I or Pat's or Froebel, then go and study the 15 subjects in the B.Ed programme for three years and get the honours you need in all 15 of them to pass whilst working for free in school at the same time with an inspector breathing down your neck.

Put him in the corner MissHoneyBun!!!

Then check him for waxy hair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Raiser wrote: »
    Put him in the corner MissHoneyBun!!!

Then check him for waxy hair :D

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You bastard! :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭out da lough

At least Limerick RFC were able to drown their sorrows.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

+1 - I'm also sick of hearing about bar staff and others whinging about this and coming out with the whole - "but the teachers have X, Y & Z."

If you were to apply that argument across the board you would end up with everyone working the same hours for the same pay regardless of how hard they work or the effort they put in to get qualifications in an area. Some countries tried that a few years back and look where it got them.

If you want a better salary and better holidays then change your job and put in the hard work to get qualified at something else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement