Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I propose to rename South Main St..

Options
  • 08-04-2009 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

.........Piss Main St. And no, its not for any disliking of Beamish or Fosters! Its for the simple reason that every night now, on my way home from work, whether it be 10pm or 2am, i have to skip over continuous streams of piss, mostly eminating from the outside wall of Fr Lucey Park, but also at various points further down towards South Gate Bridge. Its well past a joke at this stage. If a plain clothed guard were to be posted to that area alone on a Saturday night, there would surely be in excess of €500 raised through public disorder fines. A big enough incentive in itself in these recessionary times. Its happening every night, round the clock, it's at its worst on student or weekend nights. Something has to be done :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Fail joke is Fail.

No there would be nothing raised because that guard would be in danger standing there on his own, watching people piss. It's only piss anyway, it evaporates. It's what drunk people do, once you break the seal you are pissing for the night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

"its only piss it evaporates"..that is an ill informed remark.And i propose to rename the whole city dog s**t hills. The amount of dog crap here is incredibly amusing and the amount of hills too.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Seven years in Cork and I have only seen one person clean up after their dog, needless to say that person was a foreign national.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Seven years in Cork and I have only seen one person clean up after their dog, needless to say that person was a foreign national.:(
    He was probably collecting it, to bring back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Try walking on the Beamish side of the street........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

Dan Dare wrote: »

Dog poop on the street really gets to me. If I walk in it at least it is just on my shoe and I can try and wipe it in grass.
    I have a friend who is paralysed but is still pretty fit and active and wheels himself everywhere.
    However, if he rolls over dog poop he then gets it on his hands as he propels himself by using the rim attached to the wheel.

I have never seen anyone clean up dog poop after there mutt does its business and Cork is really bad for it. A neighbours dog keeps coming into my garden to unleash his load and the owner does nothing about it despite me asking him to get his mutt to desist. He can't understand "what my problem is".

Some of the nicest walks around Cork are destroyed by dog dirt as owners bring there mutts for walks and NEVER clean up after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Sure they've closed piss alley, what's a brotha to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The_Banker wrote: »
    Some of the nicest walks around Cork are destroyed by dog dirt as owners bring there mutts for walks and NEVER clean up after them.

I frequently go on the carrigaline walk, its littered with **** but i dont blame people in this case as the council provide no bins whatsoever so people would be forced to bring it home in the car with them, which in my opinion is something which will not promote poopascooping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

nobody is really going to put dog **** in their car that would be silly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Kold wrote: »
    Sure they've closed piss alley, what's a brotha to do?
    Use the toilet in McDonalds, Abra, Burger King, etc, etc. People who urinate on the street right in front of others are nothing more than ignorant pigs, they deserve to be locked up for the night, put some manners on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I like to wee in my pants, keeps the streets clean and also puts manners on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

grenache wrote: »
    Use the toilet in McDonalds, Abra, Burger King, etc, etc. People who urinate on the street right in front of others are nothing more than ignorant pigs, they deserve to be locked up for the night, put some manners on them.

Or they are drunk and have broken the seal. Then it become's quite hard to hold in without causing damage to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wait, so if we rename it to Piss Main Street does that mean people are allowed to piss there?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Main Piss street sounds better.

lol :)

Advertisement