Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pause Mortgage

Options
  • 08-04-2009 8:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi There

I recently read somewhere that the government had brought in a new option that would allow you to pause your mortgage payments for up to 12 months? I cant remember anything more. Couple of questions?

Is this available now?
    Do all banks allow for this? Irish Nationwide for instance?
    I guess it can be for a period you confirm with bank?
    Any stipulations before you can apply for this?
    Is this only for unempolyed or can you make a case if you are trying to consolidate?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Acer2009

The government haven't brought anything like that it, it will totally be at the discretion of your bank.

I'd say what your talking about is the governmant did/are meant to bring in a new law stopping banks from taking you to court to take your house bank until you have stopped payin your mortgage for 12months. But this doesn't mean you won't be subject to the normal bad credit score that the bank may apply to your ICB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Acer2009 wrote: »
    The government haven't brought anything like that it, it will totally be at the discretion of your bank.

I'd say what your talking about is the governmant did/are meant to bring in a new law stopping banks from taking you to court to take your house bank until you have stopped payin your mortgage for 12months. But this doesn't mean you won't be subject to the normal bad credit score that the bank may apply to your ICB.

thats prob it, thanks

Advertisement