Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE READ : Horse Welfare

Options
  • 08-04-2009 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I am doing a very important assignment on horse welfare and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a history of horse welfare in Ireland or horse welfare events that have occured in the history of Ireland. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

Contact one of the many welfare organisations, I'm sure they'd be happy to help. Donkey Santuary in Mallow and the ISPCA might be good places to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Try contacting the IHWT :)www.ihwt.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

henderz wrote: »
    Hi I am doing a very important assignment on horse welfare and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a history of horse welfare in Ireland or horse welfare events that have occured in the history of Ireland. Thanks in advance

Is this a project for school/college? Or is it for work?
    Alibear wrote: »
    Try contacting the IHWT :)www.ihwt.ie

I thought the ihtw were more to do with re-schooling of ex racehorses rather than actual welfare as such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭jackell

convert wrote: »

I thought the ihtw were more to do with re-schooling of ex racehorses rather than actual welfare as such?

The IHWT do reschool ex racehorses aswell as all types of horse, and they do look after neglected horses and foal's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

jackell wrote: »
    The IHWT do reschool ex racehorses aswell as all types of horse, and they do look after neglected horses and foal's

I wasn't aware that they did rescue, etc. Anything I've heard about them - most of which was from fundraising campaigns looking to raise money for rehabilitating racehorses - has been focused on retraining of racehorses and not on the welfare side of things.

• Advertisement
Advertisement