Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant With NO Health Insurance Advice Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Kernel wrote: »
    Hmm.. I have seen the public wards in maternity hospitals, and they encouraged me to pay for semi-private. You'll get a different class of people in public wards and according to a nurse and midwife I spoke to, baby's belongings can be robbed from your locker while you are out by other women in the ward. I'm sure many hospitals are grand, but I'd sooner pay for the OH not to be stuck in with heroin addicts, criminals and travellers. ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble but you aren't even guaranteed a semi private/private room if you go private or semi private. If it's available you will get it, but if not you won't. I was in a public ward in the Rotunda for five days after I had my baby and not one of those women was a herion addict, criminal or traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

That's awful that the company didn't pay towards VHI and I think technically, if no payment was received, then your wife wasn't covered by VHI at all.

The company did nothing wrong.
    The OP's fiancée was supposed to complete a form and didn't bother. It seems it wasn't important enough to her at the time

Advertisement