Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughin' my head off

Options
  • 08-04-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

OK so everyone is mouthing off about people on welfare.

As if they caused the problem. It was those boys in the suits and ties that fleeced you lot. They ripped billions out of your pensions, slashed your wages and further drive up the cost of living.

And you bow down before your betters, as they rip you off, before turning to those on welfare and having a go at them.

Same old scams, same old people falling for the scams. Your children are now born with €20,000 worth of debt on their backs, did the welfare people do that.

Maybe we should all go on the welfare and teach these modern day scam artists a lesson????

You lot are a laughing stock, why not go back to your Friends repeats and quit your whining.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Why is that debt there? Would it be because we are obsessed with owning property in this country?

Would it be because Middle Class people thought 1 house wasn't enough?

Would it be because we thought driving 70 grand Jeeps was normal?

Greed is why we have the debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PaulHardwick

Villain wrote: »
    Why is that debt there? Would it be because we are obsessed with owning property in this country?

Would it be because Middle Class people thought 1 house wasn't enough?

Would it be because we thought driving 70 grand Jeeps was normal?

Greed is why we have the debt.

Greed?? Greed is as old as humanity.

The pesants blaming themselves.

The economic crash in brief;

The bankers lend out money like F'uck, they then cut the money supply so people cannot pay back loans. They then clean up on reposessions. Oldest trick in the book. Planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

The bankers lend out money like F'uck, they then cut the money supply so people cannot pay back loans. They then clean up on reposessions. Oldest trick in the book. Planned.

totally 100% - when you control the flow of money you control the entire country.

Who did the bankers lend money to, people who went into banks blindfolded with no idea what they were buying?
    Sorry but anyone who has a mortgage they can't afford took the decision to take that mortgage on.

Yes tighter banking regulation would have prevented people from getting mortgages because they were too high risk, but did you ever stop to think that people should be responisble for their own actions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lets laugh at this instead (or cry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

That makes zero sense !!!!

Cleaning up on reposessions !!! yeah lend out €750k on a house, recieved €30k in repayments, reposses the house and sell it on at new market rate of €500k .... that really is cleaning up alright!!!!! ;)

Straight from the Joe Higgins school of propaganda!!

I went in to a bank a few years back looking for a mortage of €270k, all my workmates and friends said I should have gotten a mortgage for €400k and bought the house with the extra bedroom, walk-in wardrobes and the rest. I decided that I didn't want to spend that much a month on my home, I was prudent, some were not ... guess who is struggling?

Yes tighter banking regulation would have prevented people from getting mortgages because they were too high risk, but did you ever stop to think that people should be responisble for their own actions?

their own actions were perfectly acceptable. plenty of people now losing homes could have easily met payements 2 years ago before the loss of job (or whatever reson they face hardship now).

..and why are people now in this position? the GREED of the banking sector.

totally 100% - when you control the flow of money you control the entire country.

Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws.

Mayer Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty.

People were so mind f'ucked by the media propaganda they did not know what day of the week it was.

Any banker knew exactly what was going on. They knew a secretary on €25,000 a year could not afford a €25,000 apartment. They put it over 30 years and lent away.

their own actions were perfectly acceptable. plenty of people now losing homes could have easily met payements 2 years ago before the loss of job (or whatever reson they face hardship now).

..and why are people now in this position? the GREED of the banking sector.
    So people thought they were always going to be earning the same wages as 2 years ago and based their decision on that? Well that was the decision they took no-one forced them to buy houses are crazy prices based on crazy salaries, I mean did people actually expect us to be able to keep building 70 odd thousand homes a year did they really think this was going to continue forever?

If so they were very very naïve

• Advertisement

whippet wrote: »
    That makes zero sense !!!!

Cleaning up on reposessions !!! yeah lend out €750k on a house, recieved €30k in repayments, reposses the house and sell it on at new market rate of €500k .... that really is cleaning up alright!!!!! ;)

You have no knowledge of the banking system. market rates mean nothing, money is an abstract belief system. A house is reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

We must service long-term (+35 years) debt (mortgage) by earning a steady income. But the modern jobs market has no guarentees, no security, no reason to beleive that we'll be able to actually pay off our +30 year mortgage!

I think my parents generation were better off than we are now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Who did the bankers lend money to, people who went into banks blindfolded with no idea what they were buying?
    Sorry but anyone who has a mortgage they can't afford took the decision to take that mortgage on.

I think everybody gets a share of the blame not just one segment of society. The only ones getting any help though seem to be the bankers and the developers.

So people thought they were always going to be earning the same wages as 2 years ago and based their decision on that? Well that was the decision they took no-one forced them to buy houses are crazy prices based on crazy salaries, I mean did people actually expect us to be able to keep building 70 odd thousand homes a year did they really think this was going to continue forever?

so what you're saying basically is that anyone who bought a property and is now in danger of losing it because of the current economic climate, only have themselves to blame?

seriously dude, are the lights on upstairs?

People were so mind f'ucked by the media propaganda they did not know what day of the week it was.

Any banker knew exactly what was going on. They knew a secretary on €25,000 a year could not afford a €25,000 apartment. They put it over 30 years and lent away.

People need to be responsible for their actions, that secretary could have rented an apartment and now she wouldn't have a huge debt, the banker didn't kidnap her on the street and force her to sign a mortgage.

People should stop looking for people to blame and accept responsibility for their actions, btw the majority of people also voted for the Government that allowed all this to happen too so no point blaming them

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Of course people thought they were going to be earning the same wages or more than 2 years ago. Everything was rising with no obvious sign of any different to those not in the know. I know I would have never expected a pay cut in a secure job 2 years ago and most people would of been the same. Thankfully I didn't buy a house and my job is relatively secure. For those that got sucked into the mess I feel sorry for them and I don't think they deserve your scorn.

so what you're saying basically is that anyone who bought a property and is now in danger of losing it because of the current economic climate, only have themselves to blame?

seriously dude, are the lights on upstairs?

Exactly they took the decision to take out the Mortgage and they knew the risk of what happens if they can’t make the payments, I mean people did read the contracts they sign or hear every add advertising mortgages that said “failure to repay will result in you losing your home”

You can’t blame anyone else

The people were sold up the river by the politicians and their business mates. End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

People should stop looking for people to blame and accept responsibility for their actions, btw the majority of people also voted for the Government that allowed all this to happen too so no point blaming them[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with that..

mickos wrote: »
    Of course people thought they were going to be earning the same wages or more than 2 years ago. Everything was rising with no obvious sign of any different to those not in the know. I know I would have never expected a pay cut in a secure job 2 years ago and most people would of been the same. Thankfully I didn't buy a house and my job is relatively secure. For those that got sucked into the mess I feel sorry for them and I don't think they deserve your scorn.

So those of us who didn’t take a gamble and buy a house at an inflated house, or have big car loans and are earning an average wage should be taxed to a height to pay for their mistakes?

People should be responsible for their actions, they knew what they were doing, it’s tough but it’s the reality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

The whole system is to blame. If the banks didnt lend money to anyone there would be no money in circulation. Money wouldnt exist without loans. Money = debt. All economic growth is the confidence to lend out more and more money to anyone making them go into more and more debt and an economic recession is when the ECB calls in the debt. What's worse is that these loans are attached with interest making it mathematically impossible to pay back loans as there will always be more debt than money in circulation. Worse still is during the process of creating money there is no transfer of materials or anything worthy its typed into a computer screen and POOF up it comes on the screen as if its worse something. If you cant afford to pay this fake money back they something of real value off you like your house or car. This is the reason why governments are in hoc to the central bank because they print the money. Our government could easily print our own money without this interest attached.

This is the best video i've seen to date which explains this. It's called Zeitgeist Addendum you can watch the full version on google video.

Exactly they took the decision to take out the Mortgage and they knew the risk of what happens if they can’t make the payments, I mean people did read the contracts they sign or hear every add advertising mortgages that said “failure to repay will result in you losing your home”

wow, im sure christmas round your place is fun :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

You have no knowledge of the banking system. market rates mean nothing, money is an abstract belief system. A house is reality.

Hahahaha, mate you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, it's you who has no knowledge of the banking system. Everything your saying is absolute rubbish and ordinary people who also have no knowledge of the banking system are agreeing with you.

Money is an abstract belief system. A house is reality.

Your knowledge is an abstract belief system. Your stupidity us reality.

The people were sold up the river by the politicians and their business mates. End of story.

They voted for the Politicians and they accepted the risk.

That is true. I would recommend a zero turn out at the next election.

I never voted in my life, does that mean that they cannot tax me????????????????

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Your stupidity us reality.

:rolleyes:

couldnt resist.. sorry

wow, im sure christmas round your place is fun :eek:

Sure is, I didn't buy a house in the boom, I don't have any fancy car loans and I didn't buy any shares, so yea christmas round my place will probably be a lot more fun than in many homes this year sadly

That is true. I would recommend a zero turn out at the next election.

I never voted in my life, does that mean that they cannot tax me????????????????

You never voted in your life and you are complaining about the Governance and regulation of the past??????????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Villain, any chance of you running the country in your spare time? :D

• Advertisement

Sure is, I didn't buy a house in the boom, I don't have any fancy car loans and I didn't buy any shares, so yea christmas round my place will probably be a lot more fun than in many homes this year sadly

so with all that money in your life all you're really lacking is compasion and humanity.

Advertisement