Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughin' my head off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villain, any chance of you running the country in your spare time? :D

I wish, because I would be getting paid crazy money :P

so with all that money in your life all you're really lacking is compasion and humanity.

I have plenty of both and I have been shouting about this Government for the past 7 years to anyone who would listen, I said this would happen years ago, I said the Government was throwing money away etc etc but yet the majority just kept voting them back in.

People now realise what happens when you leave one party in Goverment too long. I feel sorry for those who are having real problems but they took the decisions they wouldn't listen :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Anglo in my eyes was Irelands answer to Enron ! What happened to the Anglo Bosses ? Nothing ! I find that Wrong !
    Ireland has an unheathy obesson With Ownership We should look at mainland Europe France Spain And so on Its far cheaper to live in, You could Rent a 2 bed flat in Lyon for 300 a month!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Villain wrote: »
    You never voted in your life and you are complaining about the Governance and regulation of the past??????????:eek:

Well that way he can always sit on his high horse saying how everyone else is wrong. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PaulHardwick

gcgirl wrote: »
    Ireland has an unheathy obesson With Ownership

Listen love, someone owns the home.

Are you saying we should all be a nations of serfs??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Listen love, someone owns the home.

Go live in Europe for a while then come back and tell what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

gcgirl wrote: »
    Anglo in my eyes was Irelands answer to Enron ! What happened to the Anglo Bosses ? Nothing ! I find that Wrong !
    Ireland has an unheathy obesson With Ownership We should look at mainland Europe France Spain And so on Its far cheaper to live in, You could Rent a 2 bed flat in Lyon for 300 a month!

You are making the same mistake we all make. That's thinking that the powers that be run things for the common good. They run things for their own benefit and when things go wrong they get bailed out and walk away.

You are making the same mistake we all make. That's thinking that the powers that be run things for the common good. They run things for their own benefit and when things go wrong they get bailed out and walk away.

Bang on.

Except that they set up the system to fail so that they can screw the people even harder.

This "the government are out to help us attitude" is insane. But then again the people never waken up to the reality.

Bang on.

Except that they set up the system to fail so that they can screw the people even harder.

This "the government are out to help us attitude" is insane. But then again the people never waken up to the reality.

You don't even vote??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Bang on.

I doubt they actually set out to screw us on purpose. It's just a by product of their self serving greed for money and power.

Unfortunately I can't see a way out of that as these guys are all hand in glove.

You don't even vote??

Well what are the choices.

Rich man no 1 who is going to screw you

Rich man no 2 who is going to screw you
    I doubt they actually set out to screw us on purpose.

Very naive. These boys are ruthless. Read some history.

The Robber Barons, by Josephson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

They voted for the Politicians and they accepted the risk.

Thank you! People need to be told this repeatedly! You voted for Fianna Fail, then you're as much to blame as the politicians!

I also feel sorry for people struggling to pay mortgages on what were grossly over valued houses. But hey we didn't all go crazy and buy houses during the boom years. I'm married and have a child, but I still rent and that's despite having a fairly secure and well paying job. I could have bought a Celtic Tiger house, but I decided I would wait till prices dropped to international norms. Seems I have to be punished now for other peoples mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Well what are the choices.

Rich man no 1 who is going to screw you

Rich man no 2 who is going to screw you

Very naive. These boys are ruthless. Read some history.

The Robber Barons, by Josephson.

Excuses excuses. How do you know they would all screw us? Do you have a magic crystal ball?? People who don't vote and then do all the moaning make me sick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

whippet wrote: »
    That makes zero sense !!!!

Cleaning up on reposessions !!! yeah lend out €750k on a house, recieved €30k in repayments, reposses the house and sell it on at new market rate of €500k .... that really is cleaning up alright!!!!! ;)

Straight from the Joe Higgins school of propaganda!!

I went in to a bank a few years back looking for a mortage of €270k, all my workmates and friends said I should have gotten a mortgage for €400k and bought the house with the extra bedroom, walk-in wardrobes and the rest. I decided that I didn't want to spend that much a month on my home, I was prudent, some were not ... guess who is struggling?

Fool! You never heard of 'land grab' (remember, land isn't made anymore!)!!!
    As long as you cling to the economic teachings you'll never grasp what's going on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

People need to be responsible for their actions, that secretary could have rented an apartment and now she wouldn't have a huge debt, the banker didn't kidnap her on the street and force her to sign a mortgage.

People should stop looking for people to blame and accept responsibility for their actions, btw the majority of people also voted for the Government that allowed all this to happen too so no point blaming them

First of all I dident vote FF and never did,the corruption started with C.H.that should have rang alarm bells for most people as he cant have been the only baddie in the crop.Have we all forgotten the little problem with FAS only a couple of months ago,the money wasted there was enormous.
    The worst thing is the Gov knew this was coming and did nothing to safeguard the country against the crash.NOTHING!!!!!. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

:rolleyes:

couldnt resist.. sorry

Congratulations, you found a typo. Maybe you should learn to use capital letters and full stops. Moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

To be honest, painting myself blue, wearing a big white floppy hat & pants and living in a toadstool singing songs all the time doesn't actually sound all that bad right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

That is true. I would recommend a zero turn out at the next election.

I never voted in my life, does that mean that they cannot tax me????????????????

You have never voted? Your political opinion does not matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

*Tripper* wrote: »
    You have never voted? Your political opinion does not matter.

I agree 100%,If you dont vote you dont have any right to have an opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Congratulations, you found a typo. Maybe you should learn to use capital letters and full stops. Moron.

sand in your vagina? getting a bit angry there over what was clearly a light hearted comment. grow up. moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pebkac

Yet again we are doing what we do best, pick at each other instead of rounding on those idiots who have made the biggest contribution to our debt and are getting away with it.

Stop bickering amongst yourselves!!! We need as a nation to stick together and tell the government we are not willing to go along with letting crooks off the hook while we suffer! We have all contributed to it in one way or another but we as regular people will try to sort it out. We should be going after the Govt and the pricks that escalated this because of their never-ending greed!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

sand in your vagina? getting a bit angry there over what was clearly a light hearted comment. grow up. moron.

The pair of you can shut up and quit sniping at each other. This isn't After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

nesf wrote: »
    The pair of you can shut up and quit sniping at each other. This isn't After Hours.

i think you got your qoutes a little skewed there buddy. go back and read again.

nesf wrote: »

I agree with nesf, as I said before we need to go at "them" not each other.

DamagedTrax, point remains the same. There is a time and a place for bickering. This isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

i think you got your qoutes a little skewed there buddy. go back and read again.

Indeed, but the point remains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Excuses excuses. How do you know they would all screw us? Do you have a magic crystal ball?? People who don't vote and then do all the moaning make me sick :mad:

Seehoumare are you for real, or really that naive?

Power corrupts.

Who governs the government? Nobody, they do what they want in abundance.
    Look at Mary Harney's expensive haircuts, Seamus Haugheys jumpers, Berties handouts, Jacqui Smiths expenses scandal in England, need I name any more.

EVERY government ultimately cares about their own fat wages, perks and stature. Unfortunatly there's no alternative system to put in place at the minute so we're stuck with the notion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

holly1 wrote: »

Ha. What if you look at each party, decide they are all a bunch of lying toerags and don't want any of them in power.

That looks like an opinion to me.

How many parties have promised things coming up to elections which have never materialised. It is all a big game to them. All the current parties are as bad each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

holly1 wrote: »

But it's so hard to choose between turd and douche lol They don't even talk sense or know what the story is. And if I was stupid enough to encourage them by voting for them then I'd be morally responsible for the all the ugly moves they make. I'd feel like crap half the time if that was the case.

Advertisement