Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REVIEW REQUEST] JG Styer AUG (Military)

Options
  • 08-04-2009 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hey, theres lots of reviews of this gun, but i cant find any irish ones. Can anybody do a review for me on this gun? :) Also can you talk about the mags, do they rattle much (High cap).

http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?products_id=113

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 loneborg

Hi

Haven't we met before.

The link you have, links to that sites reviews of the AUG A1.

All Hi-caps rattle because some of the BBs are loose until caught by the winding thing in the base.

Mid and Low-caps (50-100 rnds) mostly don't because the BBs are held in a spring loaded channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

loneborg wrote: »
    Hi

Haven't we met before.

The link you have, links to that sites reviews of the AUG A1.
    Yeah, but there not irish, or are they? Any idea where you can get AUG mid caps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

The AUG AEG is generally excellent, particularly the JG one. I'd recommend taking a look at one in Eirsoft, which is where I got mine. It's not to everyone's taste though, for aesthetic reasons. And I say this as an AUG A3 owner (review of mine here). I'd even recommend that over the A1, but they're all the same underneath (a cross between a vacuum-cleaner and a peashooter :D )

There's a review of the Classic Army AUG A1 here from the highly reputable Bullets. I believe that the finish on the CA is better, but the internals are better on the JG version. Can't speak from experience though.

Hi-caps rattle no matter who makes them (they're just plastic boxes with a mechanism at the bottom, so the emptier they are, the noisier they get). I'd recommend mid-caps even just for how the affect game-play, but unfortunately the AUG mid-caps aren't great, I've had to tape up the bases of all of mine, and they don't feed as smoothly as I'd like. If you can't get them from an Irish retailer, then order a box of 5 from either fire-support.co.uk or from store.ehobbyasia.com (and I'm only mentioning them because I've had good experiences with dealing with them).

As I say, AUG mid-caps can be hard work, but I'd definitely recommend getting them. Make sure you have 5 or 6 of them for a long day's play, and a vest with plenty of ammo pouches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

kevteljeur wrote: »
    The AUG AEG is generally excellent, particularly the JG one. I'd recommend taking a look at one in Eirsoft, which is where I got mine. It's not to everyone's taste though, for aesthetic reasons. And I say this as an AUG A3 owner (review of mine here). I'd even recommend that over the A1, but they're all the same underneath (a cross between a vacuum-cleaner and a peashooter :D )

There's a review of the Classic Army AUG A1 here from the highly reputable Bullets. I believe that the finish on the CA is better, but the internals are better on the JG version. Can't speak from experience though.

Hi-caps rattle no matter who makes them (they're just plastic boxes with a mechanism at the bottom, so the emptier they are, the noisier they get). I'd recommend mid-caps even just for how the affect game-play, but unfortunately the AUG mid-caps aren't great, I've had to tape up the bases of all of mine, and they don't feed as smoothly as I'd like. If you can't get them from an Irish retailer, then order a box of 5 from either fire-support.co.uk or from store.ehobbyasia.com (and I'm only mentioning them because I've had good experiences with dealing with them).

As I say, AUG mid-caps can be hard work, but I'd definitely recommend getting them. Make sure you have 5 or 6 of them for a long day's play, and a vest with plenty of ammo pouches.

Ok thanks very much.

About the AUG magazines, how big are they compared to a M4 magazine?

Also, what do you recommend i get? i useally use mid caps for my M4 but i'm starting to wonder if i should of got high caps. Are they anoying when there low etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Rob2593 wrote: »
    Ok thanks very much.

About the AUG magazines, how big are they compared to a M4 magazine?

Also, what do you recommend i get? i useally use mid caps for my M4 but i'm starting to wonder if i should of got high caps. Are they anoying when there low etc?

I strongly recommend going to that shop, as I said, and take a look and what you're interested in. It'll tell you more than any amount of words, and for something that you're going to be handling, you should feel the weight and shape of the AEG.

As I said, I recommend mid-caps. Hi-caps are beginner's mags, sold with low to medium quality AEGs because you can hold off buying more mags. For MilSim games, you're not even going to be able to use hi-caps. I'd stick with them; all mags run empty, baby-rattle hi-caps with the continuous winding are a pain in the backside. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement