Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact to management company / landlord being completely ignored

Options
  • 08-04-2009 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder if anyone is able to advise me. The accomodation I live in is investment property owned by a bank and financially managed by a management company. However I am finding it impossible to deal with the management company. Originally If I had an issue with anything in property I could simply phone and email. I have not really had many dealings but I am finding that especially in regard to applying for rent reduction the company are basically lying to me by saying they are not receiving emails, faxes and letters I am sending, not returning my calls or hanging up while I'm on hold, forcing me to take time off to hand deliver or go to post office to send registered mail. I am in utter disbelief that a company using practices such as this are allowed to practice business and am wondering what the best approach is. Thankfully I have very little time left on my lease but I am concerned that my move will not be so easy as if they are like this for contact, returning bonds etc.. I think will require a ridicilous amount of fighting on my part.
    Is it worth registering a complaint with the PTRB?.. Will anything be done if I do.

thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, definitely go to the PRTB. They will call the agency on your behalf and I bet they will get in contact with you then!

As a matter of interest, does the name of the agency begin with 'L'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭thebookofbob

No 'F' based down not a hundred miles from the East Link

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Folks, this isn't somewhere for naming and shaming.

Advertisement