Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leak under concrete floor

• 08-04-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I seem to have a leak in my house. Plumber cannot find it anywhere obvious and thinks that it may be from one of the pipes under the concrete floor.

can anyone recommend a company that will be able to detect the leak using tracer gas or thermal imaging etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Retro-Fit

two choices, get a thermal imaging camera for €7k or a cat, cats will seek out the hot spots in the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Retro-Fit wrote: »
    cats will seek out the hot spots in the floor.

Say what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I seem to have a leak in my house. Plumber cannot find it anywhere obvious and thinks that it may be from one of the pipes under the concrete floor.

can anyone recommend a company that will be able to detect the leak using tracer gas or thermal imaging etc.
    Any recommendations by pm please.

Apart from the cat idea. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Had same problem in a tenants house last week. Lifted lino&carpet. You should see a damp spot on floor, well if your lucky. Any sign of water makrs in ceilings downstairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

We have often had leaks in floor screed. Its not a major job. If you can see a wet spot, start breaking out the screed there and you will usually quickly find the leak. Carpet will be fecked though if fitted

• Advertisement
Advertisement