Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Background

• 08-04-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi

Just wondering i managed to perfect pictures on black background and fading in and out but when I take pictures against white background the back i seem to still get a clear picture of the muslin as its hard to blend and takes too long in photoshop to do - any tips :)

BM:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

sounds like you need some extra lights (or flashes) to blow out the background...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bellamariee

Well i have two stand alone lights connected to triggers and flash on the camera - i am thinking its my settings - on my camera - as i have take a picture with lights up full but person appears with a white glow infront of them too bright for picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

.... if possible, try moving your subject further away from the background ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bellamariee

thanks will try that out and revert back to see how i get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The "white glow" you mentioned, how does this appear in front of them?
    Can you upload an example?
    The two external flash strobes, where do you have these located (in front, behind, to the left/right?).
    It would be ideal if you could draw a simple picture, eg using MS Paint, and upload that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Sounds like the background is too bright to me.

Now I am no expert but the way I set things up with high key is to meter the light to the subject at f5.6 for the main light & f2.8 - f4 for the fill light. Then I meter the background at f11. This will give 2 stops over the subject, so the background will be blown but not too bright. Shoot at 1/125th & f5.6.

Advertisement