Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muck boots in the Dublin area

Options
  • 08-04-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to pick up some muck boots for my GF in the dublin area. Went to some outdoors/equestrian place in sandyford and prices were exorhibant!!

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can buy them for cheaper? Online is fine (so long as delivery doesn't kill me!!) or anywhere in the greater Dublin area.

I'm looking for something along the lines of these. They don't have to be any particular brand, they just have to be sturdy enough to not fall apart after a week of using them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

First off if she's going to be using them for riding make sure the ones you purchase have a flat sole (a little grip is ok but nothing like a hiking boot) and a relatively decent heel (about 3/4inch minimum to 1 inch).

Also if she's going to be riding you might be better off buying some half boots and chaps (half boots are about 40e, and chaps are about 30-40e however when looked after they both can last years) she can wear any old cheap pair of wellies around the yard and then pull on the half boots and chaps when it's time to ride.
    Even rubber riding boots (cheap at about 40e but the lining tends to fall apart on the inside if it gets wet more than once, plus it's hard to drop your ankle in them while riding I always found them very uncomfortable). She wouldn't have to take them off or change them over for riding. Riding in wellies is similar but then they can also pinch your leg if they're sitting on the wrong part of your calf.

If she doesn't have any interest in riding and just wants them for out walking etc then there's loads of options because then you're not restricted by flat sole with a heel. Type 'wellies' into ebay.co.uk and thousands of wellies come up with all different types some are also really cheap. They also come in different prints and colours aswell so you could really browse for hours.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hey Hobbidance, thanks for the info. She has most of the gear already. She is an avid rider. She just "wants" these muck boots. You'd have to ask her the why :D

I find that when you are buying online, the delivery (in particular delivery off ebay) really kills the good offers that you can get, so really I am looking for a shop somewhere in Dublin that would offer a decent pair at a reasonable price. I might end up buying them online, but I just thought some people out there would have a hidden Irish gem of a shop that I could get them for a decent price.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Hey is wicklow too much of a stretch for you? I know a great shop out there that sells horse riding equipment and various other stuff to do with horses at cost price and they might have muck boots out there :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

Try equestrian direct, heres the link

http://www.equestrian.ie/shop/index.php?cPath=88_51

muckers there for €25! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Hi SmellySockies, Wicklow is definitely not too far away (living in Greystones at the moment). Let me know the shop and I will check it out.

workaholic2 - thanks very much. I searched google for Irish equestrian sites and found nothing!! I'll defo check it out.

Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

No Probs ;)

As far as I know, delivery is around €10 so even if you cant make it to the shop (just off the N2 Finglas/Ashbourne) you can get them delivered fairly cheaply. Creating an account online is easy aswell. :D

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Goodwins in Mulhuddart do that brand, get the riding one and you can ride in them too

Advertisement