Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen-Sync !!NEW online radio channel!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donkeykingkong

Would anyone be interested at playing at "The Circus" being run by concept events on october 3rd in Lurgan, Armagh. I was due to play in the techno room but somethin has come up so i cant make it and the promoter asked would i know anyone that would be able to play it instead. Check the the blog in link below for the details of the event and send me a message if your interested in takin my slot at it

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=9795483798

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

PM Sent

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

can't do my set tonight, sorry, have to work very later grrrrrrrrr

I think tonight is a no go anyway!

Thursday:
    7-8pm / Aalek / House
    8-10pm / DonkeyKingKong / Techno
    10-11pm / Hovercray / Drum&Bass
    11-12pm / Demonic-H / Prog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Demonic-H

cant make my time tonight got to do some o/t cant get out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

Never Acid Again returns from 3 to 4 pm today with a jaw dropping psych-folk-funk trip from Eastern Europe to the Far East courtesy of those crazy crate diggers at Finders Keepers records.

It's gonna be far out man!

Come hear - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm on the radio again today, from 2 - 3pm. This week I'll be playing a lot of techno, mostly new but with a few classics thrown in. The last time I heard of Fergie, he was making scaldy euro dance. He has come a long way since them, the second song I'll be playing is by him (called Ireland), and is my favorite techno track in a long time. It sounds like something Regis and James Ruskin would like to make. I also have two tracks by the secretive Atushi Yano. His recent ep is great, full of African tribal rhythm and grooves, I haven't been able to find out any information about him apart from that though. Another track I'm loving this week is Junior Rafeal - anything 4 your love. Its a scary scary track, wild piano keys over a pounding bassline, whilst a crazy sounding dude explains that he will do anything for your love, he'll even f*ck your friends!

Ill be finishing with some Folk and Hip Hop, by Dead Man's Bones & raekwon feat Ghostface killer respectively. Enjoy!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

archive: http://radiohj.blogspot.com/

secret knowledge - sugar daddy (out of our brains on the 5 15)
    fergie - ireland
    james yuill - this sweet love (prins thomas sneaky edit)
    global communication - the way (secret ingredients mix)
    Atushi Yano - organ grinder
    acid girls - the numbers song
    Atushi Yano - poet
    Friendly fire - jayou
    Moby vs lifelike - mistake
    wasserman - berg und tal (instrumental)
    the field , the more that I do (thomas fehlman remix)
    drumming song boy - florence and the machine - 8 bit remix
    junior rafeal - anything 4 your love
    happy house - (lazaro Casanova remix) - the juan mcclean
    lcd soundsystem - 4533 (prince language mix)
    Dead Man's Bones - my body is a zombie for you
    raekwon feat Ghostface killer - house of flying daggers

http://radiohj.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

Today’s Never Acid Again featured a colourful palate of Czech hymns,Franco-Japanese pop rock, Argentinean freak-beat, Italian jazz-funk, San-Franciscan synth-groove and a typewriter.

Tracks by or from (roughly in order):
    Valerie and her Week of Wonders (soundtrack)
    The Valerie Project (soundtrack)
    Les Mondes Fabuleux Des Yamasuki (soundtrack)
    Mondo Candido (by Riz Orlotani)
    Enter the Dragon (by Lalo Schifrin)
    Billy Bond – Tontos
    Indoor Life – Archeology
    Onyx – Air

You can check out these obscurios here - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2142660

Cheers.
    b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'll be on in 10 minutes for a bit of bangy techno. Not for softies:D

So whats the story lads? Where's all the 10 minute mixes?

Doing mine tomorrow. I was busy nurseing a hangover today

Drewdo Now

Monday:
    7-8pm / Drewdo / House
    8-9pm / Keith Kelly / indie /Alternative
    9-10pm/ Captain Random / House
    10-11pm / SeanC / Minimal Techno
    11-12pm / Demonic-H / Prog

Acually im going to go on now, as keith didn't show up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Live now

Captain Randoms Nice & Nasty / DXR Special

missed my set last thursday so i will do another while upload the mix if anyone wants it

Sorry about last night my connection was giving me trouble all night :(

Sorry about last night my connection was giving me trouble all night :(
    Mine too. Kept cutting in and out. Wonder was it a Ustream issue or the servers/ISP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Going live here - 9.30 till 11 this evening then it's Scoob from 11 - 12.

Have a raft of new stuff to get through - mostly on the tech house side of things, keeping it nice and deep, with some tribal and funky elements

nobody seems to have turned up for their sets tonight. Im gonna have a bash on the decks so gonna be broadcastin now for the laugh

Notice the new skin on the page?

Right lads time to clean up the radio. It has been faltering in the last couple of weeks for one reason or another. I certainly don't mind people backing out of their slots, I'm delighted you took the time to take one up in the first place.

As I said before I am only going to do my monday night slot in future, from now on I will try be more professional by playing fresh tunes each week and also jumping on the mic every now and again.

I will continue to promote the station the best I can, I urge people that have any ideas as to how best to go about this post a message here or PM me.

There are a few people that I notice rarely turn up for their slots and Ive no problem with this only if your on the schedule and a new listener tunes in to dead air its not good for either them or us. So if you cant make your slot on a regular basis let us know. I know Shane and Keith are in the process of moving so they are tied up at the moment.

Daroxtar has been pushing the 10min mix thing for a while now so if you can it would be great if you can get one done to fill up our youtube page a bit. I have been looking after the email and also the facebook. I wouldn't mind a few people taking over the twitter and myspace accounts to go forth and begin promoting on a wide scale.

We also need new DJ's to start filling the gaps, neal has two mates aalek and another who have started with us so i you can get on and support them it would be great. I urge any DJs on boards who would like a slot to contact me via PM, we would love to get you on. In the meantime I will be removing housemaster and donncha from the schedule and it will be up to zascar and stevedon weather they want to be removed or not.

(I'm not sure whats happening with training over the winter months with my footie team so I might have to move nights again.)

Sorry for the long post but if the station is to go on we need to start making things more professional, you will see ive changed the look of the station to make it look more professional now it needs to be run more professional while at the same time keeping a relaxed feeling about the place.

Thanks
    Sean

I think any Djs that are on the schedule but not turning up regularly should be taken off. Its understandable if you cant make your show on some occasions but at least post on this thread that you will not be available so another Dj can possibly take that slot. I meant to do my 10 minute mix this week but got side tracked with work, hopefully get it done by the weekend. I think all Djs should have to do one as its good idea for the station and only takes few mins (10 to be precise :) ).

ther is alot of dead air at times so i think that if anyone has friends that you think would be interested in playing it would be good idea to mention it to them

Is there any word on another night in Kennedys to promote the station. And also who will be the 3 lucky DJs this time around?

Bit ironic but i dont think i can make my slot tonight so if anyone wants to jump on for me it would be great. I will try to make it but im not makin any promises

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fair points lads. I will give up my slot to anyone who wants it, I'm very busy lately and can't guarantee I'll be there next few weeks. I have missed slots in the past but my slot seems to get fek all visitors lately so I was not pushed, I have just played a recorded set a few times, can't be arsed djing to empty airwaves... If new people want to come in and play then I say give them a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Devteam

Thursday:
    7-8pm / Aalek / House
    8-10pm / DonkeyKingKong / Techno
    10-11pm / Hovercray / Drum&Bass
    11-12pm / Demonic-H / Prog / Old Skool

lads I can't do my set I going to see tim michan live in vacar st.Aalek

I'll be able to play tonight. startin with some minimal then delving into some techno and bit of progressive house

Ill be on in 5mins

Zascar wrote: »
    Fair points lads. I will give up my slot to anyone who wants it, I'm very busy lately and can't guarantee I'll be there next few weeks. I have missed slots in the past but my slot seems to get fek all visitors lately so I was not pushed, I have just played a recorded set a few times, can't be arsed djing to empty airwaves... If new people want to come in and play then I say give them a shot.

Dont take this the wrong way Z but just out of curiosity, would you just stick on a cd if you were playing in a club and no one turned up? I often played to no listeners, friday night can be desperate and i used that time to let rip and play what i really felt like, no inhibitions, sometimes no mixing, just my tunes.

I do think that the weekend slots could be used in that way though. We could log in and play pre-recorded mixes to fill the dead air, maybe even turn on the web cams and chat away. We could get livemixes from our favourite dj's as well(Live, from www.livesets.com or the like, not copyrighted albums obviously) and get to let other people see who our influences are and what their mixing styles are like. Ive also messed around with the co host option so we could have 2 djs doing battle mixes or something.

Dead Air is a killer for veiwing figures. Its not too bad when a pre-recorded set comes on but people dont stick around if there's a blank slot between 2 djs as they've already heard the first set being played live and they cant be arsed listening again or waiting an hour for the next guy so tightening up the schedule is a good thing.

Webcams are also a big plus IMO. Its great to see who's playing and see them getting into their tunes. And you recognise each other quicker when you meet in Kennedys ;) So anyone who has one should turn them on if at all possible. It doesnt matter if ye'r not all as handsome as me, its not a beauty contest, its not even a Dj contest. Its Kitchen-sync, by the boardsies for the boardsies so lets all pull together and keep this moving and push it to the next level.

Sean's done a sterling job getting this up and running and the rest of us should also be proud of our own contribution to the station. I am, when my mates ask me what i'm at these days i always mention at some stage that i'm djing on an internet radio station. It fukkin cool. Geeky, but cool. Like any real dance fan.

Anyway thats my tuppenceworth.

Oh yeah, Where's these 10 minute mixes?? C'mon sissyboys, fingers out:D

• Advertisement

Thanks for tuning in great show, Donkey up now!

tomight im plaving vinyl from the tidy trax label
    be a bit of a shmae to slow things down after hovercrays d+b set
    next week going to to do a bedrock label show
    and then another hooj tunes set
    so stay tuned

reference having no listeners i've come across this a lot of times but i just record my set and bang it on the ipod that way youl always have at least one avid listener:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Demonic-H wrote: »
    reference having no listeners i've come across this a lot of times but i just record my set and bang it on the ipod that way youl always have at least one avid listener:D:D:D
    ha ha - couldn't have said it better myself! :)

Well put demonic. fuk it if nobody is listenin then just put it down to more practice time on the decks :)

Right lads another thing to jazz up your show's. Manycam it is a virtual webcam which allows you to use a slide show rather than using a webcam. This will give you the chance to make up a slideshow of images and play it throughout your set. Hovercray has been doing this the last few months and it looks great imo.

Download it from here.

Lads have made a few changes to the schedule Demonic will now be doing a slot on a Wednesday rather than Thursday, he will also be stepping into the unknown by doing one on Saturday's :)

If its ok with bohsboy ive moved his slot earlier to come on after daroxtar he said you normally do it anyway.

I now have training on Mondays and Wednesdays and I play football on Tuesdays with another Team, So I will either have to do my set on a Tuesday 7:30-8:30 or on a Thursday night.
    Its either that or take a Sunday evening slot.

This week Never Acid Again will be taking a little cultural detour into traditional Irish music - airs, jigs, reels, children's nursery rhymes, drinking songs, ballads, and rebel songs.

I hope you like it.

Tune in from 3-4 p.m. for the craic.

b.

• Advertisement

Hope there electronic ballads ;)

Lads im going to set up our own dedicated website. I'm budgeting hosting is going to cost around 50e a year.

Selecting Domain name:
    1. kitchensync.ie (€25e per year)
    2. ".biz (€8e per year)
    3. ".org (€8e per year)
    4. ".tv (€90e 2 years)

I reckon the .ie is better to be honest but then again the .org has a more universal appeal.

To fund the project I can put a tipjar on the ustream account which will let viewers tip the station through paypal. Maybe 5e a year each would maintain the site. I can use Joumla to run the front and backend of the website and can do some of the design myself and with help from Mark. The player and chat engine can be embedded into the site.

My questions to you are;
    1. Is it worth it?
    2. What domain name are you in favor for?

i'll chip in a few quid no problem sean
    my paypal account is used to it now
    i reckon .org could be a winner

just on a side note sean on mondays 10-11 is free i can do that so theres no dead air and do a 1 and half maybe 2 hour set

I say go for a .com or similar- .ie's are a pain in the ass. You actually have to set up a company before they will give you one. Registering a company name is another 30 squids

Try wordpress instead of joomla, joomla might be overkill, its tricky to get used to.

I'll chip in of course...

I think .org myself, I cant see a price for the .com

edit: .com is taken but is available on back order

http://kitchensync.com/

Updated Date: 08-sep-2008
    Creation Date: 29-sep-1998
    Expiration Date: 28-sep-2009

Im on the radio again today, 2-3pm. I listened to too much techno last week, so this week Ill be taking a very different tack and playing a very eclectic mix with a lot of new non-electronic music. Ill be playing everything from phoenix, new tracks from Raekwon and Ghostface, REM, Five Green Circle, the phenomenal handclap band, crystal fighters and Felix. Enjoy!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Kitchen-Sync

radiohj.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

use www.blacknight.com - seriously

Yeah thats who mark is telling me to go with. What hosting package would you reccomend? The site will only have embeded ustream chat and video boxes with a few pages of information and maybe a small forum for DJ's who are not regular users here.

Hope there electronic ballads ;)

Actually one album is an incredible array of rebel songs accompanied by casio-synth waltz rhythms. Made for the US market i presume as it says 'souvenir of Ireland" on it.

Seriously its new-wave/wedding band/electro madness!

Demonic-H wrote: »
    just on a side note sean on mondays 10-11 is free i can do that so theres no dead air and do a 1 and half maybe 2 hour set

Done, It might be on a temporary basis I might leave the football team :)

This week’s Never Acid Again with Benny HiFi featured a glorious haul of Irish traditional music – slides, set dances, reels, polkas, airs, drinking and rebel songs, ballads and jigs – from vinyl some 30 to 40 years ago.

I think I also found a previously undiscovered sub-genre/motif in the lexicon in anti-marriage songs!

Be sure to listen out for the Sand’s Family semi-psychedelic Northern Irish nursery rhymes/skipping songs. It’s breathtaking – or maybe you just had to have lived in the North in the early 70s.

Also the bizarre casio-synth rebel waltzes!

It ran something like this:

The Chieftans – The Morning Dew
    Planxty – The Hare in the Corn/The Frost is All Over/The Gander in the Pratie Hole
    The Chieftans – The Battle of Aughrim
    Planxty – Raggle Taggle Gypsy/Tabhair Dom Do Lamh
    The Sands Family – Children’s Medley
    Connie Foley – Sea Around Us/On the One Road
    Uncredited – Broad Black Brimmer
    Connie Foley – Irish Soldier Laddie
    Unknown – Dying Soldier
    The Dubliners – Don’t Get Married
    The Sands Family – I Wish I Was Single
    The Dubliners – The Last of the Great Whales
    The Chieftans – O’Keefe’s Slide/An Suisin Ban/The Star Above the Garter/The Weavers
    The Dubliners – Mountain Dew
    The Sands Family – Rambling Irishman

Beat some drink into ye and check it out here - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2182005

Cheers.
    b.

• Advertisement
Advertisement