Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen-Sync !!NEW online radio channel!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

Monday:
    7-8pm / Drewdo / House
    8-9pm / Free
    9-10pm/ Captain Random / House
    10-11pm / Demonic-H / Prog

I'll fill the 8-9pm void if nobody else offers.:) I don't wanna be hogging the channel either! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah no worries, Drewdo is working late and will miss hi slot now tonight aswel

Yeah? :( Keep me posted, if nobody else calls dibs I'll take the reigns. I don't have an awful lot of new tracks so it might be a pretty similar set-list to the last 2 I did:o but it'll keep the live aspect of the channel going...:)

Lads, I'm gonna be on Kitchen-Sync in around 10 0r 15mins. Waitin on a mate to drop back my mixer to me. :( Bare with me! By 9pm it'll have been worth the wait, I promise! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Going live here now

• Advertisement

Wednesday:
    4-5pm / E.P / Hardhouse
    7-9pm/ Ger Conway / Techno
    9-10pm / Shane Collins / Trance
    11-12pm / Steve Mc Grath / Techno

Eamon has not been able to login to do his set I think there is something up with ustream again. Hopefully it is fixed by tonights shows.

Well lads, i've a problem with my own internet all day, i can't access boards, ustream & a good few other sites. Lookin like i wont be able to do my set on Sync tonight :( Posting this off my phone...

Sorry to hear that ill let the lads know.

Set from tonight:
    Ben Klock - Journey
    Ben Klock - Pulse
    Ben Klock - Subzero
    Pan Pot - Confronted
    Autistic - Black Block
    Dubfire - Rabid
    Dubfire - Grindhouse
    Kid Handsome - ?
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2256667

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Demonic-H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sorry i couldn't play my slot on Tuesday night. I just got a job and had to work until 11.30. I'll be back for sure this Monday night. Hopefully ill have a webcam up and running very soon & ill get working on a 10 min mix this weekend as well:)

Lads noticed last night if you are logged into facebook while broadcasting you can post the recording to your facebook page once the recording is finished and tagged. Ustream will ask you if you want to upload to facebook just allow it access.

Very cool... My internet seems to be mysteriously back up & running 100% today. Could I jump into an empty slot tonight to get my fix??:)

Jumping on for an hour or so now guys, just to check all is ok with my net... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Donkey is having problems with Eircominage so won't be on tonight
    please feel free to run over your shows or start earlier and fill the space

Thursday:
    7-8pm / Aalek / House
    8-9pm / Steve Mc Grath / Techno
    9-10pm / Bohsboy / Old Skool
    10-11pm / Hovercray / Drum&Bass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Just wondering if I could jump in tonight for the free slot?

Done

Looks like aalek never turned up, Steve going on now.

Friday:
    2-3pm / HectorJelly / Electro
    3-4pm / Benny HiFi/ Never Acid Again
    5-7pm / DJ Tando / Hip Hop <<Not Sure If he is around anymore
    8-9pm / Johnny Trotter /
    9-10pm / Daroxstar / Techno
    10-11pm / Bohsboy / Old Skool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm on the radio again in a few minutes, from 2-3pm. This week is a very special show, a tribute to my Dad and the music that he enjoyed. So expect some Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blur, the Smiths and similar artists. Enjoy

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

http://radiohj.blogspot.com/

going to do a bit of oldskool if bohsboy is here sorry man

Steve McGrath - Weekend Wind Down live now @ http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Kitchen-Sync

Monday:
    7-8pm / Drewdo / House
    8-9pm / Keith Kelly / indie /Alternative
    9-10pm/ Free

I Won't be around to do Captain Randoms Happy Hour tonight unfortunately.
    The slot is free if ye want to late or start early.,
    Normal service will be resumed next week and I hope to get my ten minute mini mix done this week at last.
    Chat to ye during the week

Random :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Can I be cheeky and jump in at nine for the free lot? Need as much practice as possible!

bohsboy wrote: »
    Can I be cheeky and jump in at nine for the free lot? Need as much practice as possible!

Go for it.

Tonight on Captain Randoms happy hour, a special guest mix from Bohsboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Scoob Live now go check it out http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Kitchen-Sync

• Advertisement

Tuesday:
    9.30-11pm/ Neal / Tech, Deep House
    11-12pm/ Keith Kelly / indie /Alternative

We have another new guy doing a set Thursdays from 1 till half 2.

Is anybody else interested in taking the rains for a while, Im all out of ideas on how to promote the station, its hard for me to stay motivated when your not seeing the results (i.e)the same listeners on each day. However I do still think our own website is the way to go. Neal can you try and sort out that website, I havn seen you on facebook to talk to you about it the last while.

On the gig thing I haven't thought about it in a while, I might try that bar on Capel Street see if we can organize something.

Anyway here is todays schedule.
    Wednesday:
    4-5pm / E.P / Hardhouse
    7-9pm/
    9-10pm / Sean Conlan / Techno
    11-12pm / Steve Mc Grath / Techno

Will pm you Sean

Ok so In order to Improve the station I think its about time we started to take things more serious. There is a few things that need to be ironed out.

1) People have to be commited to their slots, therefore please only take what you can manage each week. I don't mind people filling in the empty slots just make sure you can do ''Your'' slot each week. If its a case you can't do it for any reason thats no problem what so ever. Just leave a message here or email us and I will sort something out.

2) Professionalism, I don't think we can expect people to take us serious when we are using that uStream site lets face it its bull****.The schedule on there is impossible to read because its in PST time, Ive been onto uStream countless times about this to no avail. Therefore Neal and I will be working on our own site which we be sorted shortly. Also I would love if anyone would take a bit of time and make up some photoshop slides for the radio slideshow, I would also like some new graphics for our avatar and profile pictures.

3) Sound Quality, Its been pointed out to me by various sources that some people's shows are being ruined by poor quality audio. This is detering people from taking the time to listen to your show and Its my job to help improve it. Im trying to figure out this flash 3.0 encoder which im hoping will improve the quality.

You need to download the xml file by logging in as kitchen-sync go to Your Shows then go to Flash Media Encoder XML File "Download" you will then need to download the encoder from adobe here There is no point in me going through the full process, everything is explained here please take ten minutes to set this up. As I say im working on it now but I think my stream is ok quality wise anyway.

4) Feedback, I need people to keep coming up with suggestions, It makes me more determined to make this work when people show an interest and a willing to help, I assure you its much appreciated.

5) Listeners, We need to improve the numbers, I know i always ramp on about it but we need to start promoting the station on a more serious level. I think once the issues outlined above are sorted the station will become easier to promote. Take a look at Zascar with the Laundry night they have a huge amount of followers with a great looking website and its all down to the professional well run product that they offer. We need to look at what he has done in a short space of time and try to emulate that.

Thanks for reading and keep plugging away. Also a big thanks to everyone so far.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

5) Listeners, We need to improve the numbers, I know i always ramp on about it but we need to start promoting the station on a more serious level. I think once the issues outlined above are sorted the station will become easier to promote. Take a look at Zascar with the Laundry night they have a huge amount of followers with a great looking website and its all down to the professional well run product that they offer. We need to look at what he has done in a short space of time and try to emulate that.
    Aww thanks! Yes I do agree this does help a lot and if I can help out at all I certainly will. I have just been totally maxed out recently with Laundry and other stuff so I had to retire from Kitchen-Sync I don't even get a chance to listen that often any more.

Its a very difficult thing you are doing but fair play for your persistence mate you are doing a cracking job. Definitely look into alternatives than ustream - talk to techies and web designers etc. I was almost going to do a venture with a mate who had a solution that you uploaded pre-recorded shows and they just played one after another and you could schedule them etc. It might cost money but it would be so much better and you could get sponsorship etc.

www.powerfm.com is a very popular online radio station - some of my Laundry crew are involved - but its a tough business.

You need to seperate from boards.ie - get your own domain, have a blog using wordpress for main site and a PHPBB forum for chatting etc - I can do this for you once you get set up with Blacknight - just shout!

We'll talk about other stuff then, but lads please keep any other suggestions coming.

Actually Ger Conway is away on holiday this weeks thats why he aint on sorry just remembered now. Ill be on in 20minutes or so after a cup of tea :)

• Advertisement

I'm gonna be bout 15mins late for my slot, got held up on my way home. Bare with me...

Due to ongoing problems with Eircom Donkeykingkong will not be appearing again this week.

I know we're not really supposed to name and shame **** companies but they really have to be one of the worst and really stretch the meaning of the term "Service Provider"

If anyone wants to download my slot from last Tuesday - there's a 320k one up here

Friday:
    2-3pm / HectorJelly / Electro
    3-4pm / Benny HiFi/ Never Acid Again

8-9pm / Johnny Trotter /
    9-10pm / Daroxstar / Techno
    10-11pm / Bohsboy / Old Skool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

Due to my pending nuptials and honeymoon Never Acid Again will be on hiatus until mid-November.

If anyone would like the slot from 3-4 pm on Friday afternoons its up for grabs and i will try to find another suitable slot when i return.

If not i'll be back on Fridays in about a month.

Cheers,
    Benny HiFi

Check this out, its a free website I set up until Neal and I get around to sorting out a proper one.
    http://radiokitchensync.webs.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Apologies, I had technical difficulties & just managed to get myself online. I'm going to play from 3-4 this week, instead of the normal 2-3.

This week I have 2 great new techno tracks from Oxia, other techno from Thomas Schumacker & battant, hip hop from French Montana, ambient from slowdrive and some other new electronica releases. Ill start with a great new indie track, graveyard, by Victoria Falls. Unfortunately I cant find any other music by them, or information on them (the downside of naming your band after a famous landmark). Enjoy!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

Archive: http://radiohj.blogspot.com/

It would be great if people want to forward me on an email with a small Bio and links to soundcloud or the like so I can put them on the website.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

New site looks good, cant wait for the real thing. Fair play to sean and neal.

9-10pm | Daroxar -- Techno (The hard stuff)
    Indeed!:D

Haha Everyone sign up to the forum over there and lets get it going, Sorry it doesn't look the greatest but I just threw it together this morning Ill add the bells and whistles to it over the weekend.

Why oh why didn't I do this at the start

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sean if I were you I'd wait until you get the proper website set up instead of doing it all twice and getting everyone to sign up twice. just my 2 cents.

Once you get it going with Blacknight I'll do the setup on the blog and forum for you, after that its easy!

Zascar wrote: »
    Sean if I were you I'd wait until you get the proper website set up instead of doing it all twice and getting everyone to sign up twice. just my 2 cents.

Once you get it going with Blacknight I'll do the setup on the blog and forum for you, after that its easy!
    Yeah your right im just getting impatient :D Plus was bored in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Johnny trotter playing some excellent stuff now. I'm on at 9 with some noise

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭markious

Tuned in here - Nice tunes ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement