Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen-Sync !!NEW online radio channel!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I'm gonna jump on now and try to get this thing working frommy end. I've had a pile of trouble getting it configured for some reason but i think i've got it sorted now. If there's anyone about there to have a listen in and tell me what the sound quality is like it'd be much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

no show this week, I injured my eye and cant spent that long in front of a computer yet

Can anyone tell me if they've found out how to download their sets from Livestream? I had a look last night but couldnt see a way, not an obvious one anyway. Any advice appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if they've found out how to download their sets from Livestream? I had a look last night but couldnt see a way, not an obvious one anyway. Any advice appreciated :)
    How to Convert Recorded Video Files to Different File Types and How to Download Them

You can convert your Ustream Recorded video files to .wmv, .mov, or .mp4. To do so, go your "My Videos" page and click on "Video format conversions". After selecting your format, it will take a few minutes to convert the file. The format name will turn blue next to the "Download" option once the video is converted. You will then be able to download them by clicking on the format type in blue
    http://www.ustream.tv/helpcenter/howto

You might need to get admin rights from who ever runs the page, shouldn't be too hard after that.

Seen theres a Sligo Dj on there aswell, must listen in on the local lad:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Are you still looking for sets for this?

What hardware software do you need to go live ?

I'm sure the answer is buried somewhere but 75 pages is too much reading for me.

If your still looking to get the site out there PM and i'll send you some links/tips for search engine rankings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

yeah man Send me a PM and Ill sort you out.

You might need to get admin rights from who ever runs the page, shouldn't be too hard after that.

Seen theres a Sligo Dj on there aswell, must listen in on the local lad:D
    There's not just one, there's 4 of us :). Me, Captain Random, Donkey and Johnny Trotter.
    The station is runing on livestream now, not ustream but cheers anyway.

Right Lads im back, will check in tonight. Im in talks with dubsbhoy to get him a slot. I will be updating a few of your sites this week and also looking to bring in new DJ's. As always pass any comments onto me in a PM.

Daroxtar wrote: »
    There's not just one, there's 4 of us :). Me, Captain Random, Donkey and Johnny Trotter.
    Enough to get a Sligo mutiny of the site going:D
    The station is runing on livestream now, not ustream but cheers anyway.
    If you use firefox, this add on might be used to download videos from any site, so possibly livestream aswell.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sorry lads cant play tonight just back from a weekend in dublin and i haven't got the energy to stand for and hour on the decks:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Have updated the set list - going to reduce my show this evening and from now on to 1 hour - 10pm - 11pm. Will keep with what I've been doing - playing all new music - tech house and deep house.

This evening have some new stuff from Guy J, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Ricardo Villalobos, Simon Baker and Stimming

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donkeykingkong

Playing Tonight from before 9 till round the 10 mark. have to finish bit early coz ive to head to work so gonna start early

I'm on the radio again today, from 2 - 3pm.

I'm going to start this week with some cheesy electronica, Chess by Alphabeat. It sounds like a cross between the all saints and plaid. I quite like it, but I imagine most wont! Too restore my credibity after that, I have two great remixes from two currently brilliant producers, Mondkopf and John Talbot. Other than that I have some tracks from the new Kitsune Maison compilation, which is excellent, and various other bits and bobs.

http://kitchensync.tk/

Archive: http://radiohj.blogspot.com/

The audio keeps cutting out, I'm not sure why. This happened last time as well.

Sorry i cant play tonight again am snowed under with assigments

My work xmas party is on this thursday so i wont be able to play. Anyone headin to Sebastien Leger on Friday in Tripod??

Won't be able to do my slot later, sorry :(

Jesus, this has become a cancellations thread. I wont be around on friday for my own slot.

Are there a lot of slots being vacated? It seems as though nobody is on at all anymore but i know there are some people out there who would love to give it a shot so would it be possible for people who have a slot but don't bother turning up to just vacate it and give others a chance?

I know that some people have commitments and more, myself included, have had problems with the new broadcast platform. That said i'd hate to think that the station would disappear through indifference. Its been a great outlet and i'd hope to see another night or two happening with the lads who've been involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I'll put my hands up and say Ive been guilty of the above. I found the transition from the old UStream set up to the new one the problem. Ive had a lot of problems trying to get the audio to work.

I probably need to contact someone through MSN to talk me through it.

As Daroxtar said, the potential has always been there and it would be a pity to see it fade away.

Anyway, for what it's worth I'll bounce back with a marathon set on Friday night covering Daroxtar and my usual slot from 9pm.

Bohsboy

I've had nothin but problems getting my audio workin right. I got it fine one week and never touched a thing but the next week it was a disaster again. I'm sure i'll get it sorted but it just wrecked my head. I even got my hands on a stack of new music for the first time on a year and haven't been able to lash it out.

• Advertisement

Sorry for my absence of late I have been so busy with other things, I really do intend to get back to my Wednesday slot but things keep coming up. It would be great if we came up with a way to get things back on track, as this is the time of year to get the listeners in.

When im not around I need someone and organize things like updating the (facebook/bebo/myspace/youtube) Facebook is where we will get the majority of listeners from so its crucial people log in there and announce they are going on before their slot.

We also need new DJ's to join in to keep things fresh, I haven't had the time of late to get out there asking but I will get back to it asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

I had no luck at all mate getting things going, best i got was cut off after 30 secs, got some help of joker and zascar but still had no joy, picked up a few cables i needed too but still no luck.

Your problaay using the studio, you need to use the webcaster or download the procaster.

I'm back tomorrow night with a 1hr 30 min show from 7.30 - 9.00 thats if drewdos not back. Then its over to Captain Random from 9-10 with some fine house music. We need listeners so come on guys get the finger out :D Lets get Radio Kitchen-Sync back into gear

I'll be on a break until the 8th of Jan. (Next two Fridays are xmas and nyd!). Thanks a lot for setting this up VJ, its been a lot of fun. As soon as the holidays are over maybe we should arrange a meet up, or all together on MSN and talk about how to take things on to the next level?

Happy Holidays!

I'll be on a break until the 8th of Jan. (Next two Fridays are xmas and nyd!). Thanks a lot for setting this up VJ, its been a lot of fun. As soon as the holidays are over maybe we should arrange a meet up, or all together on MSN and talk about how to take things on to the next level?

Happy Holidays!

Great idea so we have a chat in the new year over MSN and see where we go from there.

Going live in 10 minutes http://www.kitchensync.tk/

Listening in for the first time now, impressed big time. This is a great idea.
    Is there someone else on tonight aswell?

Sorry everyone, yet another cancellation week for me here, we're getting delivery this evening of a one-eyed kitten we have to mind over Christmas from some friends that are out of the country until after the New Year.

• Advertisement

My track list from last nights show it can be re-listened to at http://www.kitchensync.tk/
    just click On-Demand on the video screen at the bottom
    of the page and its the first in the list 21st of December

1.The Japanese Popstars - Eat Christmas!
    2.Soulwax ft Crookers & Mixhell - We Love Animals
    3.Fake Blood - I Think I Like It
    4.The Phenomenal Handclap Band - 15 to 20
    5.Daft Punk - High Life(Cassian's Bootleg Remix)
    6.Strip Steve - Breakin
    7.Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll(A-trak Remix)
    8.Boris Dlugosch - Bangkok
    9.Prince - Controversy(Stupid Fresh Remix)
    10.Chernobyl & Praga - Balanca(Renaissance Man Remix)"EuskalHerria thats around The 8 o clock mark"
    11.Spencer & Hill - Cool(Afrojack Remix)
    12.Noob & Brodinski - Peanuts Club(BeatauCue Remix)
    13.Laidback Luke & Lee Mortimer - Blau!(Noob Remix)
    14.Youri Donatz - I Like This Sound
    15.The Dreamer - Get A Room!
    16.Buraka Som Sistema Feat. Deize Tigrona - Aquai Para Voces(Broddinski Remix)
    17.Boys Noize - Sweet Light
    18.Pony Pony Run Run - Hey You(Crystal Fighters Remix)
    19.Acidgirls - The Number Song
    20.Felix The Housecat - Elvis(2 Many Dj's Edit)
    21.The Disco Biscuits - You & I(AutoErotique Remix)
    22.Computer Juice - Juice(Tai & D.I.M Remix)
    23.Plump Dj's - My Hi Tops(Riva Star Remix)
    24.Boys Noize - Jeffer(Para One Remix)
    25.Hariras & Jelo - Donkey Punch
    26.D.I.M - Lyposuct
    27.Zombie Nation - Kenkraft 400
    28.MGMT - Kids(Soulwax Remix)
    29.Proxy Raven(Accapella Edit)
    30.Das Glow - Weiss Gas

Cheers for that man, will look up a few of those, cheers.

Cant do my slot this week as i will be on the road to sligo for the xmas

I'm not doing my show over the holiday period, but I recorded a set with some of my favorite music from this year, Rock, Classical, Pop, Electro, House and Techno. There are a handful of tunes from late 2008, but 95% of it is from 2009. I kept it at short as I possibly could, but it still is a little over 2 hours. Unfortunately I had to leave out some great music.

http://rapidshare.com/files/326030225/Christmas2009.mp3

Tracklisting on my blog if you are interested.

Sorry no show from me tonight its Christmas :)

Won't be able to do my slot later either, working today and have family thing on later on

• Advertisement

Anyone on tonight?

wont be round tonight to do my slot............happy new year

Happy New Year to everyone involved with Kitchen Sync, either playing or listening! Cheers and have a good one

Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas, the station has been floundering over the last few weeks and I realize this has to be resolved so on peoples advise I plan to have a group discussion over MSN or some other chat client maybe even the one on our site to discuss the future of the station. It would be great if everyone could get involved current DJ's past DJ's and even listeners.

The discussion will be open to anybody to throw in suggestions or criticize anything which you are unhappy about. Id also like to appoint people to various jobs if we decide to make a proper fist at making this station work.

DJ Recruiter
    Spending time contacting people on Forums, inviting people on youtube, possibly making a video on youtube to attract attention this can be done together.
    Fitting new DJ's into the Schedule and informing me so I can go through set-up with them.

Promoter
    Spend time on other forums inviting people to play and promoting he station as a whole. We can also use facebook and make a big push to gather listeners or DJ's using facebook by maybe setting up a group.

Website Maintenance
    I will most likely take this role as i'm aware of what needs to be done.

Each role will not take up much time.

What night suits most people?

I realise that i'm the Noob around here but I'd like to help if I can. Since a lot of people involved with this seem to be busy I might aswell utilise the fact i'm still in college, and better again I'm doing an arts degree so making time would not be a factor.
    Just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring, would be more than happy to help.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much, I will contact you as soon as we decide on what day is best for our discussion.

Good stuff Sean, will keep an eye out for the MSN chat. Skype would be better for me if many people use that?

As I've already said, I won't be able to put too much time into it over the next while because of a work commitment.

I'm definitely doing my slot tomorrow evening, have a heap of new stuff to play. After that I might only be around every fortnight, I know it's not ideal but there's not much I can do.

Yeah thats perfect Neal, eh yeah I could download SKype if it suited people but for handiness maybe we stick to the chat client on the website.

Hope you all had a pleasant Christmas, the station has been floundering over the last few weeks and I realize this has to be resolved so on peoples advise I plan to have a group discussion over MSN or some other chat client maybe even the one on our site to discuss the future of the station. It would be great if everyone could get involved current DJ's past DJ's and even listeners.

The discussion will be open to anybody to throw in suggestions or criticize anything which you are unhappy about. Id also like to appoint people to various jobs if we decide to make a proper fist at making this station work.

DJ Recruiter
    Spending time contacting people on Forums, inviting people on youtube, possibly making a video on youtube to attract attention this can be done together.
    Fitting new DJ's into the Schedule and informing me so I can go through set-up with them.

Promoter
    Spend time on other forums inviting people to play and promoting he station as a whole. We can also use facebook and make a big push to gather listeners or DJ's using facebook by maybe setting up a group.

Website Maintenance
    I will most likely take this role as i'm aware of what needs to be done.

Each role will not take up much time.

What night suits most people?

I'm still waiting for people to do 10 min mixes to upload to the Youtube station so if the djs can get one together it'd be very much appreciated. I have a few lads interested in playing, maybe even one or two well known names which would be a great push for us if they actually come on board. Like a lot of things, they are interested but its just a matter of them pulling the finger out and commiting to it so i'll get on the case to them and see what happens.

I'm having some problems with my soundcard after connecting my Camcorder to the laptop before Christmas. It installed some drivers that weren't compatible with Vista, the most fabulous piece of sh!t OS ever, and i didnt realise it at the time. It seems to have fried the audio input someway or another. I cant get sound off my vids at all now and i can't roll back the system to fix it so i have to get someone more tech savvy than me to have a look. I'm trying to get it sorted without having to get a new soundcard but i might be missing again this week. I'll keep you updated anyway.

In an ideal world it would be great if each DJ done 10 minutes each its just a matter of sitting down and doing it. But it is noted and I appreciate your efforts. I to have a few lads willing to play but ive told them i will get back to them after we have our discussion.

How about Thursday at 11pm? Is that too late?

Suits me.

Yeah 11 suits me to. Sorry i cant play tonight again I've a a lot of college work to over January so things for me should be back to normal in February.

Going live now for a 2 hour set

Music to hopefully include Agaric, Asem Shama, Gavin Herlihy, Loco Dice, Radio Slave, Martin Eyerer, Ed Davenport, and more

Here's the downloadable 2 hour set from my slot last night:
    http://soundcloud.com/nealhudson/neal-hudson-kitchen-sync-2010-01-05

Tracklisting:

01. Martin Buttrich - L2
    02. Nina Kraviz - Pain In The Ass
    03. Ed Davenport - Warmathene (Alland Byallo Remix)
    04. Alessio Mereu And Andrea Ferlin - Deep Thoughts
    05. Motor City Drum Ensemble - Stuttgart Nights
    06. Moodymanc - Melanchronic (Soul Minority Mix)
    07. Pele - El Condor
    08. Gavin Herlihy - Quantum Physics
    09. Loco Dice - Carthago
    10. Ramirez - Hablando (Radio Slave's Breakdown Mix)
    11. Sante And Re.you - Aura (David Mayer And Keinemusik Remix)
    12. Stimming - Melodica
    13. Asem Shama - Metroman
    14. Agaric - Nobody Home
    15. Benja - Paradose (Christian Burkhardt Remix)
    16. Gary Beck - Sholto
    17. Marc Marzenit - It's Caracas (Prompt Remix)
    18. Christian Smith And John Selway - Manfreak
    19. Riccardo Ferri And Daniele Papini - Fragments (Martin Eyerer Remix Vinyl Edit)
    20. Jim Rivers - Full Tilt
    21. Manuel De La Mare - The Holy Cow
    22. Uner - Labaneria (Affkt Funktool Remix)
    23. Nicole Moudaber And Smokin Jo - Vandal
    24. Pascal Mollin - The Elephant
    25. Layo And Bushwacka - Now Is The Time (2020Soundsystem Remix)
    26. Harvey Mckay - 5AM

Still having trouble with livestream. It started up fine, was playing away then 20 minutes in I looked at the chat window and Sean said he wasn't getting the feed - it was an old show playing. Looked at the broadcaster and it wasn't live, so started the live session again. In the history it said it disconnected after 15 minutes - no explanation as to why. It played for the rest of the 1 hour 40 minutes with no problems.... Odd.
    The other issue I had was the chat window froze in the broadcaster about 1 hour 20 minutes in - it wasn't updating the chat and I couldn't post to it. I went into a browser and the chat was appearing ok there and I could post to it, but it's frustrating getting these 2 separate issues. It just seems like livestream is not stable at all - it's got benefits in that it looks like a more professional website and the sound quality is good, but these issues are just making it unusable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement