Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Barcelona v FC Bayern München Q/Final 1st leg

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Lollers at anyone thinking Bayern were a dark horse for the Champions League this year. They've been inconsitent in the league all season and after a 5-1 drubbing at Wolfsburg this result is hardly surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

K4t wrote: »
    We will see in the semis but as I said, I don't think they will be able to cope against Chelsea when they have no space to play their game. They will not be able to pass the ball into the net against English teams.

I agree the favourites tag from early on was probably a bit unjustified given Man Uniteds form earlier on.

To look at the otherside of what you said above, who is to say Barca will "allow" Chelsea impose themselves on the game? Is it not entirely possible that Barca will have Chelsea chasing shadows much like Bayern were alst night to a lesser extent obviously)? The beauty of alot of Barcas play is they create space for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

What a humiliation.

With the squad they had yesterday they clearly were underdogs in terms of ability. They would have been underdogs with their very best squad, but with what they had yesterday there shouldn't have been any delusions with regards to 'playing back at them' or so.

So the last thing you wanna do is take this team on in open play and give them space. You're only hope is to make it real tight and mark your players aggressively. You need to stand on Messis toes and not leave him alone in space so that he can come running at you.

That didn't happen and I'm not sure this is down to tactical errors, maybe they were just not able to do it. From what I've seen yesterday the gap may be just that big. The only two players that seemed to have some sort of champions league quality about them were Ribery and ze Roberto.

Game over anyway and the way they played this wasn't a glitch, Bayern are in trouble. What I sense from the news and German soccer programs is that this isn't a team at all, just a bunch of well paid players. Also, I don't think the big guns respect Klinsmann. I'd be surprised if Klinsmann is going to last 'til the end of the season and Bayern need to get their act together if they want to be serious semi-final contenders any time soon. Actually they need to get their act together full stop. If they don't they might not even be in the champions league next year.

Advertisement