Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all just Leave!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Please. I was in my 20s in Ireland in the 80s. Everyone was very much aware that most of us were poor, and that a small percentage were wealthy through corruption. Nothing changes much in Ireland.

Then why are you still here if it's going to be like Botswana or whatever next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Koloman wrote: »
    Then why are you still here if it's going to be like Botswana or whatever next year?

I'm not!:D Got out 20 years ago and had more sense that to drink the "Ireland has changed" Kool-Aid and return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I've just got back to Ireland after 5 and a bit weeks working out of country. There are very little opportunities abroad at the moment. Over the last few weeks I was in the U.S., Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Every where the talk is doom and gloom and things are tightening up in Australia and New Zealand.

Sadly when I arrived back here on the 14th the air of doom and gloom is stronger then ever, but instead of anger all I've heard is resigned resignation to our situation. People amaze me sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I think we should pick a country and the population should move there. somewhere in europe though so we can all claim social welfare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

I think we should pick a country and the population should move there. somewhere in europe though so we can all claim social welfare

how fun would that be? flood loads of d4s, knackers, countrypeople arriving on mass to berlin/paris/munich where we set up little irelands.

also perhaps we could diversify a bit and could become backward mountain people wandering europes mountainous regions areas similar to the appachians or whatever there called in north america.

ireland could then become a dumping ground of nucleur waste for all the other european countries or preferably a place where wildlife can flourish without human interference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

I'm not!:D Got out 20 years ago and had more sense that to drink the "Ireland has changed" Kool-Aid and return.

So you got out just as Ireland was about to take off economically? What a coincidence!biggrin.gif

But seriously, if you have left then well and good but don't start preaching to us when you don't live here any more. We have enough people talking hot air in the country without importing more of them.

Advertisement