Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dvd player wont play ntsc videos

• 08-04-2009 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi, I just got a sony rdr gx380 dvd recorder mainly to transfer from vhs. The problem is most of my video tapes are ntsc. They played on my Hitachi vcr fine but now when I link vcr to dvd recorder I get sound but no image. I'm using scart but also tried A/V cable to input 2 and 3 to no avail. Pal videos play and record no problem. Curious thing is when I pressed record anyway, picture appeared on tv BUT with a black bar across 3/4 way down screen. I know its a long shot but could using a multiregion hack change some pal/ntsc setting while also setting regions. Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Gerry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

there might something in the menu to tell the recorder you want to record NTSC. it wont convert them to pal, so you'll have NTSC DVDs. you'd need a systems converter to convert NTSC - PAL

i have a Pioneer DVD recorder and on "input Signal" i can select Pal/NTSC

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭cortinaG

Hey, thanks. I've been through all the menu's, only thing I can change is video output from RGB to ypbpr or whatever it is. Tried it anyway, no joy. Gerry.

Advertisement