Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkie Talkie Advice

Options
  • 08-04-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Looking advice on where to get walkie talkies that could be used in a building with 6 floors over basement. Dont want to spend an arm and a leg in this day and age and would consider renting if someone knows who rents them (I think Mercury communications do , but another option would be good)
    anyway the bottom of the range motorola dont get through the floors so they are not an option, ICOM units are working but they cost about €300 per unit and four units are needed.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

How long would you need these for Stoner?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

3-4 weeks, or so I'm told.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it just 2 you need....
    I'll talk to a couple of security staff I know, see if they have anything lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Stoner wrote: »
    four units are needed.
    koolkid wrote: »
    Is it just 2 you need....

Stoner I might now where to grab some for a few weeks but wont know til after the weekend.

thanks lads,

Its for the job so we have no issue renting them company to company. the usual ones we use wont do 6th these need a little more kick

• Advertisement

I'll check with a few mates in security. Not sure if I can wangle 4 of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Stoner - once this 'job' is finished, will you be going on holiday in Spain for a long period of time? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Don't know if its any use to you: Lidl Try asking in the hobby radio forum if their any good.

I'm waiting on a lad to get back to me.. I wont know till Tuesday Stoner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Could you not get a couple of mobile phones that have free network calls, most people who have billed phones have this now.

• Advertisement

thanks everyone.

Advertisement