Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannabis factory found in carlow

• 08-04-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭

as above , this was yesterday.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0407/carlow.html

A man has been arrested after a raid on a suspected cannabis-growing factory in which €40,000 worth of the drug was discovered.
    The man was arrested after gardaí raided a house at Burren Manor in Carlow town yesterday evening.
    Gardaí have described the operation as 'a very sophisticated cannabis growing factory'.

http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/tabId/511/itemId/1566/Gardaiacute-drugs-bust-smashes-Carlow-cannabis-o.aspx

GARDAÍ have this week smashed a massive drugs operation in Carlow town. Up to eight gardaí from the local drugs squad raided a house on the Old Burrin Road last Monday night following a huge surveillance operation. One Chinese national was arrested after gardaí, working from intelligence they recovered over a month-long investigation, discovered a “sophisticated cannabis-growing factory” in the house. Upon entry into the house, gardaí discovered dozens of cannabis plants worth up to .40,000 along with an extensive collection of cultivation paraphernalia. The arrested man was in the house on his own when gardaí burst into the premises and he was arrested under section two of the Drug Trafficking Act. He is currently being held in Carlow Garda Station and it is expected that he will appear in court today (Wednesday).
    After arresting the suspect, gardai dismantled the cannabis cultivation factory on the premises and moved it to Carlow Garda Station where they are examining the evidence.
    “Our investigations led us to believe that cannabis was being cultivated in Carlow,” said Sgt John Foley of Carlow Garda Station, speaking about the successful operation. “We found a sophisticated cannabis-growing factory in the house and we estimate it is worth around .40,000.”
    Sgt Foley said that the drug squad had been involved in on-going enquiries which led them to the Old Burrin Road premises and, following surveillance on the house, they initiated Monday’s raid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I was thinking I hadnt seen aynon online recently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Dell, SR Technics, and now another factory closed down in Carlow... When will the job losses end!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

The government are idiots for not even considering legalising cannabis or at least decriminalising it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

delop wrote: »
    Dell, SR Technics, and now another factory closed down in Carlow... When will the job losses end!

funniest post i seen all day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

delop wrote: »
    premission to sig that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

When I lived in England years and years ago, I heard a story of something similar to this.

A fella was growing skunk plants in his attic with all the heat lamps and all the rest of the paraphernalia. They caught him because there had been a heavy fall of snow in the area and his was the only house in the estate with no snow on the roof. The heat of the lamps meant the snow wouldn't lodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

aynon wrote: »
    premission to sig that?

All yours :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Shulgin wrote: »
    The government are idiots for not even considering legalising cannabis or at least decriminalising it.

Well, at least we'll no whats up if we see a load of red eyed lathargic young lads lofting snowmen onto their roof.

Advertisement