Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video of my cold cathode before invertor blew :L

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

ouchie, but could we get a vid less dark, its just that its v difficult to see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

No you must certaintly couldn't... The invertor is broken so I can't do much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

thats class, it made me laugh a bit but then I thought if that is somehow doing that to the music which I'm guessing it is then I kinda want to know how so I can do it myself?:D

The cathodes come in a kit.
    The kit consists of three main parts:
    The cathodes, the switch, and the invertor.

However this kit had a sound module built into the invertor. The main way of telling if your invertor has this module is if it has a switch and/or a dial a on the invertor itself. This switch when off, keeps the cathodes on constant. However when its on the cathode responds to beats or sound depending on how high or low you have chosen the sensitivity on the dial.
    It works a lot better than youd think... but id only really recommend if your a bass head or like dance/rap as I doubt it would pick up on other songs as well as the one above. This is because it is simply a mic and does not run through the sound card. And before you ask, don't be concerned about loud fans, it doesnt pick them up and even if it did, just lower the sensitivity!!!

The only problems with them are, invertors pass a large voltage through them, and touching them will fry the invertor.. Also cathodes are not as strong as you would hope them to be, a single knock can break them and you mightn't notice till its wired up!!

Other than there extremely cheap and the invertor/module does make a nice 3.5" bay if you custom build one like me! :D

toco123 wrote: »
    The cathodes come in a kit.
    The kit consists of three main parts:
    The cathodes, the switch, and the invertor.

However this kit had a sound module built into the invertor. The main way of telling if your invertor has this module is if it has a switch and/or a dial a on the invertor itself. This switch when off, keeps the cathodes on constant. However when its on the cathode responds to beats or sound depending on how high or low you have chosen the sensitivity on the dial.
    It works a lot better than youd think... but id only really recommend if your a bass head or like dance/rap as I doubt it would pick up on other songs as well as the one above. This is because it is simply a mic and does not run through the sound card. And before you ask, don't be concerned about loud fans, it doesnt pick them up and even if it did, just lower the sensitivity!!!

The only problems with them are, invertors pass a large voltage through them, and touching them will fry the invertor.. Also cathodes are not as strong as you would hope them to be, a single knock can break them and you mightn't notice till its wired up!!

Other than there extremely cheap and the invertor/module does make a nice 3.5" bay if you custom build one like me! :D

Sounds interesting, given I'm always interested in a bit of modding I think I'll have a look into this. Thanks toco

• Advertisement

I reccommend this place to buy them. The service is fantastic and very helpful.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/

toco123 wrote: »
    I reccommend this place to buy them. The service is fantastic and very helpful.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/

they are great used to get a lot of stuff off them a couple of years back but their prices are quite high in comaprision to most e-tailers

On some items, yes but they do have a lot of exclusive stuff though.. And as I said, unmatchable service!!

Bought a Matrix Orbital GX off them too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Im curious...

>_>

<_<

What's the song... :D

Techno Rocker - Base Attack

• Advertisement
Advertisement