Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1month Ban, by 6th, for been off topic (note it wasn't intentional)

Options
  • 08-04-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

1month Ban, by 6th, for been off topic (note it wasn't intentional)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mysterious viewpost.gif
    I think I went a little of topic.

Yes. You did. Try not to do it again.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mysterious viewpost.gif
    But I had to post my own thoughts.

No you didnt. If you want to rant or preach I suggest you get a blog. Any more ranting or off topic posts will result in a ban.

Can't turn off bold, (apologiesredface.gif)

Now on the previous page, they were many people dicussing, and I was chatting to K-9. we were dicussing EU flouride and the laws that are been in question. He and I were dicussing EU and how the lisbon treaty is in affect to certain issues. Topics do tend to drift more onto one particular topic to another. it happens.

Now at the end I did realise it went on and on. So I left it. I didn't add anymore.

But christ I'm quite sick of the bullying from 6th. He bascially threatens with a ban, like I did it on purpose or I'm out to annoy a moderator like himself.

They were very strong views from all sides, and It was a very interesting discussion.

But I find it very disturbing the way 6th constantly bullies me and taunts me on that thread, with his "go get a blog" or put your facts and experiences somewhere else. The thread as you can see died shortly after. No surprise here.

I post facts, I post links, I post my views, I give my contribution to the site. i may not be perfect, I dont intend to be perfect. My grammer may not be the best. I don't intend to think I can evaluate and validate every C.T out there. Alot of people seem to like my work, some might be critical of that I'm ok with that. But in all my years on boards I've never felt so crap about such a problem as I did with this issue. 6th seems to constantly have an issue with me, on a personal level. I've never witnessed such a constant waryness on a board by another moderator "like watching over my shoulder waiting for me to do something wrong"

like another example, he kept asking me questions, on my opinion, and then I'd answer he then wouold say don't go off topic.

I been direct, would say but you just asked me a question.

He'd go dont look for the last word. I mean this kind of behaviour is beyond childish and we could seriously do without, I never in all my years put up with such pettyness.

He deleted my post, cus it sure made him look silly wink.gif and of course removes the evidence of my genuninty

It seems to me this issue coming from 6th. Cus I can't really handle this nazis marching around me by him at this stage.

I have gotten emails, stating it was a harsh ban.
    On other threads (completely off topic) giving me support and hope for my return to the forum.

I want to say I don't have an issue with anyone on C.T. I don't have an issue with other mods in this regard. I enjoy people exchanging of views. I enjoy that forum. But this bullying behaviour I don't agree with nor do I enjoy at all. I feel quite down to be honest.

BTW, a few people are questioning his position as a moderator.

The only way I can see this been resolved is to actually stick to the rules and completely ignore him as much as I can. I don't like been intimidated and threatened for these silly accusations.

I'm pretty shocked myself for the ban, to the point, I really didn't want to create more drama here. But I feel really let down and bullied and this is the reason why i'm bringing this on board.

I also would like the ban to be lifted. I would also like a vote on that forum, to decide his faith as a moderator. Just to see if hes really up to the job, if he is then kucoos, if hes not, then hang up the jacket.

All the best Mysterious.

EDIT How come I was the only one accused as been off topic?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...422721&page=38

This is the page where we were dicussing and 6th bans me on the next page.. He claims I questioned his modding as his reasons for banning. That is a blatant deception. I didn't question anything. I was utterly shocked more than anything.
    I don't know to what extent do you call off topic or how off topic we were, but if you look at the page. We were dicussing into great detail of Europe and it's laws, some new ones, and K-9 was trying to give me some insights to laws that the EU are not proposing post Lisbon or whatever. I'm upset about this ban,

For the simple reason, the next page 6th litterally just puts me into a corner and basically shuts me up. Where as everyone else on the board were discussing a wide range of topics. The Lisbon treaty affects alot of issues

So if other members and I are dicussing this issue, why do I get banned for thisfrown.gif

The actual page that was been dicussed, note I wasn't the only one posting, but it seems that 6th think's i was deliberately been off topic, of course I must of been talking about mars?? Or shopping?

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mysterious

You have people dealing with your thread in Help Desk.
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement