Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History 2009?

Options
  • 08-04-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Right so i have started studying the american and wider world topic now, i am just wondering is it enough to just study the case studies, ( LBJ and Vietnam, Bus boycott and moon landing) in detail and their backgrounds for this topic, as it is the document based quetion for this year?:eek:

or are ye going to be revising the whole book?? ill be going for high marks in history so i dont want to be skipping any corners! thanks!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Right so i have started studying the american and wider world topic now, i am just wondering is it enough to just study the case studies, ( LBJ and Vietnam, Bus boycott and moon landing) in detail and their backgrounds for this topic, as it is the document based quetion for this year?:eek:

or are ye going to be revising the whole book?? ill be going for high marks in history so i dont want to be skipping any corners! thanks!:rolleyes:

Hold up for a second im a bit confused.

There's a document question which will be on one of the three American case studies then there is a 2 page essay relating to the same case study that they asked. Once you know all 3 then that's the American section of the course finished.

Then your left with your other 3 topics ie Dictatorship and Democracy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Stev_o wrote: »
    Hold up for a second im a bit confused.

Once you know all 3 then that's the American section of the course finished.

Then your left with your other 3 topics ie Dictatorship and Democracy etc.

yep that is what i wanted to know, once i have covered the 3 case studies i am good to go? i was told by someone that the document question does not have to be on the case studies but in practice it always is...!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

yep that is what i wanted to know, once i have covered the 3 case studies i am good to go? i was told by someone that the document question does not have to be on the case studies but in practice it always is...!:eek:

Pretty much. Don't worry about the documents question because your not exactly required to know anything it's just like English paper 1 all the answers are right in front of you! It's only the essay that you need a small bit of background on the topics.

yep yep, so know my case studies and i wont have anything to worry about! would anyone leave out certain sections in different topics? not whole sections but parts you know you would never write an essay on, in my case i never do the social and culture aspects, and out teacher just ignores them sections!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 madnesspersues

they can ask you on an american topic though in the Dictatorship and Democracy section can't they? like Anglo-American pop culture? They can still ask you about that in an essay even tho the document question is on the american case stuides

• Advertisement

i dont do the dictatotship and democracy topic! so i cant answer that for sure!

oh so your grand just knowing the 3 case studies then!

woo hoo!! is anyone else finished the course yet?? we only stated the northern ireland 1949-199? about 6 weeks ago! it does not seem to be the a hugely popular topic!:eek:

Yeah were not doing that section we done 1870-1914 one, it's terribly boring! We finished the course around October I think. My school is super efficient !

Yeah were not doing that section we done 1870-1914 one, it's terribly boring! We finished the course around October I think. My school is super efficient !
    ok that is scary! there is onyl 2 in my history class!! there is another history class in the convent down the road! its a bit of a strange system, there is a boys school and a girls school in a tiny village so once we get to leaving cert boys can do subjects that suit their timetable in the girls school and vice versa! but sadly even with two we are moving very slowly!

• Advertisement

oh i see! well im sure you'll get it all done! do you do geography? ive just messed up my fieldstudy booklet thing, like the official one i dont know what to do now cos i dont think you can get a replacement!

nope but i was going to take it up about 3 weeks ago and drop physics!!! ah i know in our school there is def spares because i know a few people who messed them up and what not!

ahri that's cool. i'd say my teacher was just saying there is no spares to like make sure we dont mess them up! GOTTA go good luck in history in june! BYE!

ahri that's cool. i'd say my teacher was just saying there is no spares to like make sure we dont mess them up! GOTTA go good luck in history in june! BYE!
    and same to you!!

out of interest, how much of the content are people covering on their 3 main topics????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

out of interest, how much of the content are people covering on their 3 main topics????:rolleyes:

Movements for reform - Parnell, 1885 elections and Home Rule, cultural nationalism, and the strike and lockout

Sovereignty and Partition - The war of independence, The Treaty and the Civil War, Cumman na nGaedhal in government, Fianna Fail in government.

Dictatorship and Democracy - The rise of facism and church state relations

That's just what I know so far. We haven't finished the last one yet so I'm not sure what else I'm going to do. I might do the belfast case study for S&P too.

ya we have to finish the northern ireland topic, we are not even half way through the topic yet!!! ah.....!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mayo1

Whats on the history course for LC? I'm in JC getting ready to make my subject choice and am unsure? Can Anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

The only essay I have learned for the first irish section is Land Purchase :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I know a steady couple of essays for D&D and soveriegnty and partition, and the Documents section is a walk in the park, but I am so lost for the Parnell section. It's just SO boring I can't remember the essays!

• Advertisement
Advertisement