Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Shooting

Options
  • 08-04-2009 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Evening Chaps,

I'm going to buy a trap for around €95 but I'm having problems sourcing the actual clays themselves. Rory's in temple bar don't do them any more.

Anyone know of anyone in Dublin that does em?

Roughly how much are they per Box etc?

Any words of wisdom on clay shooting while I'm at it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭.50 (MOA)

dunno much about dublin for clays and i'm nowhere near expert enough to tell you how to hit them, aim below 'em is all i do and i hit a good few (I use a game gun and they tend to shoot high), I've only done sporting type shooting rather than dtl, abt, skeet etc.

As for price i payed €13 per box of 160 standard with my local gun dealer.

got midis at £13 per 160, and the minis were £25 per 408, that was in toome.

another guy i know in a gun club got standards at €8 for 160.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'd say your best bet would be Tallaght Rod & Gun. Don't know how much per box they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

If you're on the Southside, Pat O'Brien out in Bray always has a few boxes in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

pat o brien is fairly good and he ll do a deal with cartridges for you aswell, theres a place in monkstown hes in guntrader.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BIG BANG

Hi
    I suggest you get a copy of this months ''Irish Shooters Digest'' It has numerous adds for gun shops that sell clays You can get a copy from ''easons'' or any good news agent
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Thanks for replies!

Advertisement