Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland - a nation of farters.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

She doesnt know what she is talking about. I spend alot of time in the US and have been in bars in NY that smell the same. its got to do with with air con. 90% of Irish Bars dont and never had it before and after smoking ban. Its the other way around in the US. I bet if they removed all the air con she would be smelling her own farts very quickly. Dumb B*tch. Just showed that link to a couple of American friends and they also called her a dumb b*tch :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I am an unbeatable expert.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Edit: Never mind, only mods will no what I said :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

how about an annual Boardies Fart Off, we could organise regional heats and a grand final somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

American women are quite happy to tell you in graphic detail about their last visit to the gynacologist (sp?) But get upset if you say you are going for a pee. They have a massive hang up about bodily functions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

galwayrush wrote: »
    how about an annual Boardies Fart Off, we could organise regional heats and a grand final somewhere.
    Make sure it's not in a place with an open fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

bob123456 wrote: »
    PEOPLE IN IRELAND LOVE TO FART. There, I've said it."

Is that such a bad thing?

Manufacturing high quality farts is one of the only things that brings me joy anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cows and sheep have a lot to answer for to .

Latchy wrote: »
    Cows and sheep have a lot to answer for to .

Apparantly chloro-farto-carbons (CFCs) are destroying the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Apparantly chloro-farto-carbons (CFCs) are destroying the environment.
    One of the biggest culprits of them all I believe .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Is that such a bad thing?

Manufacturing high quality farts is one of the only things that brings me joy anymore.

After yesterday's Budget, there are no other pleasures in life.

kelle wrote: »
    After yesterday's Budget, there are no other pleasures in life.

Don't tell me they taxed farting as well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I think the entire population should be lined up for a mass session of colonic irrigation. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

What's unhygenic about farting? It could be rude or bad manners, but surely not unhygenic. And not flossing? I don't like flossing, many people don't but i brush my teeth at least two times a day, as most others would.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I can go for weeks without noticing or smelling my own:)...but every so often, maybe once in six mths, I have a dose of them:eek:......hot ones that roast my botty on the way out. On those days, I am left in a room on my own:(. My family leave the room solemnly, giving me looks of sad reproach as they go:(. It's not worth my while going outside btw 'cos by the time my trousers cool down another one is rumbling and building up ready for freedom. It's just awful..I have to block my ar*se with a cushion, that helps somewhat. Oh, and I've been in the shower, alone with one of these evil creations...thats the worst time...being in the shower with one:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Women fart ??? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 torsotellsall

so thanks for your "feedback" about my observation.

please note that I made no definitive value judgment on your farting activity, and I am neither fat or lazy or whatever stereotypes you laid down in this thread about my blog post.

I am enjoying reading your input immensely. However I am still positive that the Irish love public farting much, much more than Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

She doesnt know what she is talking about. I spend alot of time in the US and have been in bars in NY that smell the same. its got to do with with air con. 90% of Irish Bars dont and never had it before and after smoking ban. Its the other way around in the US. I bet if they removed all the air con she would be smelling her own farts very quickly. Dumb B*tch. Just showed that link to a couple of American friends and they also called her a dumb b*tch :D:D

very nice mysogeny there you moronic piece of ****ing ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Jamfan

For the real action you need to get to Flannery's on Camden St. Fookin hell is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

slap/dash wrote: »
    very nice mysogeny there you moronic piece of ****ing ****

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i cleared an entire bookies after a feed of guinness and an indian the night before. beat that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 torsotellsall

so it's ok for one guy to call me a Dumb B*tch, you know, as long as he gets American approval, but it's not ok for another person to call him out for it? Is that how things work on this board? I just want to get all these rules straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

so it's ok for one guy to call me a Dumb B*tch, you know, as long as he gets American approval, but it's not ok for another person to call him out for it? Is that how things work on this board? I just want to get all these rules straight.

Sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭coillcam

IBS - Irish Bowel Syndrome imo, I for one am a sufferer (and those unfortunate enough to be in close proximity) of chronic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

a good few years ago, i had a very sick tummy. I let of the most vile creation known to man, mother in law came into room, went pale and called her son a rotten scumbag.
    It is one of my prouder moments. I still tease him on it. It was 9 1/2 out of 10. He still hasnt beaten it.
    The battle continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

No. If he had been calling another poster on this site a dumb bitch, he would have been banned for it. But at the time, nobody knew you had an account on Boards so it was not considered to be abuse directed at another poster. If it happens again, he won't have that excuse.

Any further questions, please PM me so this thread doesn't get dragged further off topic. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

so thanks for your "feedback" about my observation.

please note that I made no definitive value judgment on your farting activity, and I am neither fat or lazy or whatever stereotypes you laid down in this thread about my blog post.

I am enjoying reading your input immensely. However I am still positive that the Irish love public farting much, much more than Americans.

awwwwww were only joking i promise

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I must say I do love clearing a room after eating tons of dairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

bob123456 wrote: »
    reading a blog by an American woman in Ireland she says we're a nation of farters.
    I don't think she's the first person to notice this, there was a lot of threads on this after the smoking ban came in.
    I agree with her on this and would even say that Irish people have bad hygiene in general - not flossing or showering every day.

http://thinkofmeoften.blogspot.com/

"Let's talk about farts.

When I first got to Ireland, the first couple of pubs I walked into, my first thought was, "Yeesh! Yikes! It kinda smells like farts in here!" I thought it was a coincidence, like maybe it just happened that the few places I went into happened to have plumbing problems.

However, now that I've been here over three months, I can say, *WITH CONFIDENCE* that Ireland has a farting issue. It's not the plumbing. People let their business out here all over the place. In the pub, as the night progresses, it just gets stronger. And it's not just the pubs. Today in the movie theater, before the movie started, you could hear someone farting. And then by the time the film was over, you could smell the smell of gas so strong, we couldn't wait to get the hell out of there

PEOPLE IN IRELAND LOVE TO FART. There, I've said it."

says the fattest nation in the world:rolleyes:

wouldnt wanna walk into their mcdonalds on pay day :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ha americans are all queefers apparently, even the men

Advertisement