Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland - a nation of farters.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Yeah well at least we're not American.

Well nobody is perfect*

*except the Americans living in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Can we at least point the finger at the male population, and the un-lady like?

Eww. micro peews.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

galwayrush wrote: »
    I am an unbeatable expert.:cool:
    Ah I dunno, I'm pretty bad myself but a mate of mine actually wakes himself up at night with the smell of his own farts. Now that takes skill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I wholeheartedly agree. I worked in a bar and nightclub shortly after the smoking ban came in. I would regularly have to walk through clouds of fart.
    fcuking hell. :( What the hell Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

says the fattest nation in the world:rolleyes:

wouldnt wanna walk into their mcdonalds on pay day :eek:
    Leave the Tongans out of this. Besides there is no McDonalds on Tonga.

But there have been rumours that they can "Nuke you a loaf" whatever that means.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Much larger people equals much larger farts to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

so thanks for your "feedback" about my observation.

please note that I made no definitive value judgment on your farting activity, and I am neither fat or lazy or whatever stereotypes you laid down in this thread about my blog post.

I am enjoying reading your input immensely. However I am still positive that the Irish love public farting much, much more than Americans.

Are you not familiar with the saying When in Rome...?

Youshould try it, it is very satisfying. Especially if you can fart and run whilst keping an eye on the scene of the crime :D
    Abigayle wrote: »
    Can we at least point the finger at the male population, and the un-lady like?

i'm sure yours smell of roses....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Ah ! The end of another frenetic working week !!

Think I might have a couple of quick pints before I head off.

"Pint of yore best Guinness there please". Thanks

"AAAAH - Jeeze that tastes good" - "Freekin nectar" !

"Hows tings Mick - huh ? yeah i was a bit bladdered last night - had a nice spicy Indian on way home though":p "

"Fills the freekin gutt those lads I tell yah " !

SSSSSPPPUUUUTTTTTTTTTT !

"Sorry about that pal hope no Americans in here" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

However I am still positive that the Irish love public farting much, much more than Americans.
    I dont know about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

There were 8 people around me, there are now 0.
    Excelllent work my rectum

• Advertisement

i'm sure yours smell of roses....

It does actually. Im so perfect in every other way, I couldnt let my perfect tush let me down. Im on a strict diet of water and rose petals. 0 cals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I read somewhere that Renee Zellweger was at an awards ceremony at some kind and had to go home early 'cos she'd a terrible dose of the farts:o-ha! Imagine.

Eh:confused:.....maybe it wasn't her. It was someone famous and blonde anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Maybe this woman doesn't realise that farting is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 torsotellsall

Are you kidding? Did you miss the part about me being American? Farting is hilarious. That's why I wrote about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Overheal wrote: »
    Isn't Peter Griffin's father Irish?

Ann22 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Renee Zellweger was at an awards ceremony at some kind and had to go home early 'cos she'd a terrible dose of the farts:o-ha! Imagine.

0_o like a Sonia O' Sullivan fart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 torsotellsall

Well, if it was Renee Zellweger, it might explain why her face perpetually looks like she's holding one back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

mental07 wrote: »
    Isn't Peter Griffin's father Irish?
    That explains his ability to r-r-r-rip.

You know that song 'Freakout'? Well I farted once and it sounded like that bit 'awww freakout!'

• Advertisement

I just sharted :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Marylin Monroe was well known to enjoy letting a phew, and not worrying who was around when she did!
    Don't tell me they taxed farting as well!!

It's a wonder they didn't Fartton Fred!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Maybe it was a typo, farmers, farters... easy mistake to make. It would also explain the hygiene issues she experienced, just sayin.

"Let's talk about farms."

When I first got to Ireland, the first couple of pubs I walked into, my first thought was, "Yeesh! Yikes! It kinda smells like farms in here!" I thought it was a coincidence, like maybe it just happened that the few places I went into happened to have plumbing problems.

However, now that I've been here over three months, I can say, *WITH CONFIDENCE* that Ireland has a farming issue. It's not the plumbing. People let their business out here all over the place. In the pub, as the night progresses, it just gets stronger. And it's not just the pubs. Today in the movie theater, before the movie started, you could hear someone farming. And then by the time the film was over, you could smell the smell of gas so strong, we couldn't wait to get the hell out of there

PEOPLE IN IRELAND LOVE TO FARM. There, I've said it."

Ah yes, makes perfect sense now:p

kelle wrote: »
    Marylin Monroe was well known to enjoy letting a phew, and not worrying who was around when she did!
    And this proves it !!!!!!:pac:
    http://www.gallerym.com/images/work/big/associated%20press_marilyn_monroe_seven_yr_itch_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

bob123456 wrote: »
    reading a blog by an American woman in Ireland she says we're a nation of farters.
    I don't think she's the first person to notice this, there was a lot of threads on this after the smoking ban came in.
    I agree with her on this and would even say that Irish people have bad hygiene in general - not flossing or showering every day.

http://thinkofmeoften.blogspot.com/

"Let's talk about farts.

When I first got to Ireland, the first couple of pubs I walked into, my first thought was, "Yeesh! Yikes! It kinda smells like farts in here!" I thought it was a coincidence, like maybe it just happened that the few places I went into happened to have plumbing problems.

However, now that I've been here over three months, I can say, *WITH CONFIDENCE* that Ireland has a farting issue. It's not the plumbing. People let their business out here all over the place. In the pub, as the night progresses, it just gets stronger. And it's not just the pubs. Today in the movie theater, before the movie started, you could hear someone farting. And then by the time the film was over, you could smell the smell of gas so strong, we couldn't wait to get the hell out of there

PEOPLE IN IRELAND LOVE TO FART. There, I've said it."

Perhaps it is the lack of air conditioning in Ireland.

I have noticed for travelling to other countries, each has it own smell that the locals do not notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Er, don't know if you've been walking around with your eyes open lately, but Ireland and the UK are catching up if they haven't already.

All the farting is from drink and ****ty takeaways.

Er, don't know if you've been walking around with your eyes open lately, but Ireland and the UK are catching up if they haven't already.

We await your reputable evidence to support your claim, of course.

Not true. Eat a load of apples or wholegrain stuff and I guarantee youll be farting out the ya-ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Isn't some entreprenuerial person not missing a great opportunity here.

The collection of this abundantly available gas could be the saving of the planet.

I am about to begin my design process for the fart collection machine for every day use. The wearing of this machine will allow contributors to claim a tax allowance.

The only place where the machine will be allowed to be removed is public houses where the gas can be collected as a group thing and farting will be strongly encouraged in this enviroment.

On a more serious note people that are used to air conditioning may not be prepared for non air-conditioned pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ride the spiral

****in' ay' man

Advertisement