Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Tattoo/Piercing Places in Macroom/Bandon/Bantry

• 08-04-2009 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

So, my friend wants to get her belly button pierced and I want to get a small butterfly tattoo on the inside of my wrist. We have a place in town but one of my friends got a tat there and it is fairly crappy so can anyone recommend a good and safe place in Macroom/Bandon/Bantry?
    Thanks;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

nowhere decent is going to tattoo you underage.( I'm making the assumption that you are underage based on your post in d'other thread. correct me if I am wrong...)

so you have two options

1) risk a crap tattoo/infection/poor teenage choice

2) wait till you are 18, and choose from any shop, anywhere in the world, including top artists.

easy, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Exactly what hot2def said - wait til you are 18. You won't find a "good and safe place" that will tattoo you if you're underage.

Also, when you do turn 18, if you still want a tattoo, don't just look for studios five minutes down the road - it wouldn't kill you to go as far as cork city or even dublin for something that will be on your body for the rest of your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SassyC

For starters, when I asked if they were strict on age is because when my friend Tess (the one with the crappy tattoo) went to get a tattoo at first she was refused because she was seventeen, so I wanted to know if any other place had the strict 'not 18' get the **** out.
    I'm 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

SassyC wrote: »
    For starters, when I asked if they were strict on age is because when my friend Tess (the one with the crappy tattoo) went to get a tattoo at first she was refused because she was seventeen, so I wanted to know if any other place had the strict 'not 18' get the **** out.
    I'm 17.

Any place willing to tattoo someone under 18 is not somewhere you want to get tattooed at the end of the day.
    Any artist who actually gives a cr@p about you, your health, his/her reputation, their shops reputation and the reputation of the tattoo industry at large will not tattoo an under 18.
    You will end up with a cr@ppy tattoo if you find someone to tattoo you at 17. Just wait the little while and think about what tattoo you'd love to have and when you hit that magical age you can go to whatever artist you like, you can get an artist that can do a great job on the tattoo you want or specializes in the style you want. It makes sense.

Advertisement