Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Conspiracies Surrounding the G20 Summit Protests

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭jackiebrown

I cant understand people on this forum sometimes. How does a policeman beating a man WHO HAD HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS AND BACK TURNED to him get any benefit of the doubt? Its there on the video, plain as day in full colour. The police are not better than me, they can not touch me unless they witness me breach the peace, we are all equal under god. If we continue on like this and let coppers dish out violence then society as we know it is doomed. The cops had their badge numbers covered which they are not allowed to do as they feel they are above the law. FYI meg I live in Letterkenny where that garda got crushed and killed? Are you going to give the lad driving the car the benefit of the doubt?...........No, I didn't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Locamon wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean but if someone hits me around the legs with a stick, pushes me to the ground and then hits me on the head with the same stick is that not a 'beating?'

Where is it shown he was hit on the head?
    Don't think anyone said he was punched?

I think he was making a general point. That it's terrible the guy is dead but there's lot of exaggeration going on. Although 6th can speak for himself.
    For the record I don't assume every incident is the result of a conspiracy but this seems to be a pretty clear case, the beating was clearly just a beating but the attempted cover up surely merits being called a conspiracy?

I have no medical training so I have no idea if there's a logical reason or not for the difference in the two autopsies. So I'm waiting for more information before I jump to any conclusion such as the assumptions you're making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

but the attempted cover up surely merits being called a conspiracy?

Would that make the repeated, false claims of a beating about the head also a conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

bonkey wrote: »
    Would that make the repeated, false claims of a beating about the head also a conspiracy?

LOL not confirmed but a beating is a beating...shame on you...how can anyone deny this is a disgrace!!!!

Not a conspiracy fan but this is so obvious everyone has to be shocked!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Ok so if the Cops didnt administer a 'beating' ( thats what I'd call it, they struck him from behind and pushed him pover with his hands in his pockets, HArdly a fair fight)

Waht will we call it then
    I wasnt an accident
    it wasnt a gentle nudge
    they werent trying to tickle him.

they Asaulted him, from behind in the most cowardly of manners, people say that if he hadnt died this would be a non story, thats wrong, there have been stories every time of excessive violence by the police, this time they went that little bit too far and actually killed someone.

now the next question is intent, Did they intend to HURT mr Tomlinson? damm sure they did, did they intend To KILL him? that has to be left in the hands of a Jury.

its about time that cases like this began to get more than a fleeting mention on the news and a passing WooHoo from armchair pundits who gobble up the Biased medias line of Heroic cop Batters Dangerous and Subervisive Hippie type for your protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

LOL not confirmed but a beating is a beating...shame on you...how can anyone deny this is a disgrace!!!!

I'm suggesting that the allegations of a beating about the head which you have repeatedly stressed, (and which you have made clear occurred seperately to the known-and-shown assault on his legs, and him being knocked over) are made up.
    Not a conspiracy fan but this is so obvious everyone has to be shocked!!!!!!!
    I'm shocked that you repeatedly stress something that has no evidence to support it as though it were fact.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Video Proof of agent provacateurs at the G20 summit in Toronto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Video Proof of agent provacateurs at the G20 summit in Toronto

The key aspect of all modern public order operations is to disperse the crowd.

Generally these situations get out of control when the mob mentality kicks in and people who normally would not partake in anti-social behaviour join in the violence. There is always a 'hardcore' element that is the focal point of the riot, and if you can disperse them, then you can disperse the whole riot. Thats the reason why police would infiltrate the protests. To identify the hardcore element, so that snatch squads could arrest them, and thus let the demonstration continue peacefully, before the types of ugly violence that you see when a full scale riot breaks out.

My take on it anyway..

Advertisement