Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In relation to "The Orange Order and the Ku Klux Klan."

Options
  • 08-04-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭

In relation to this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055533784
    I think the decision to lock the whole thread was abit rash as the OP had offered reasons for his stance.
    I understand Moderators have a job to prevent Racial/Sectarian hate but the thread could have been Monitored and offensive posts deleted.
    Obviously some areas of Political history, especially those involving Racial/Religious hate are always going to be controversial. But locking a thread before it gets the chance to develop is not a good way to encourage open and fair debate.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Have you read that forums charter?
    It is a requirement that when you start a thread you give your own view/opinion first.
    You did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I didn't start the thread, the OP had given his own opinion in post no.5
    But yes I see how the OP had broken the rules and a warning may have been in call for but I still consider locking the whole thread to be abit harsh.

I didn't start the thread, the OP had given his own opinion in post no.5

Apologies.
    The OP did not abide by the rules.
    Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    But yes I see how the OP had broken the rules and a warning may have been in call for but I still consider locking the whole thread to be abit harsh.

It is the normal procedure to lock a thread in the Politics forum if it does not abide by the rules.

Ok, point taken.
    If the lack of OP's original opinion is the only problem however, would it be alright if I made a new thread posting OPs opinion in post five in the original post ?

My suggestion would be to PM the Mod who locked the last one and ask them.

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks for the help.

Advertisement