Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC to simultaneously broadcast programmes on TV and mobile phones

• 08-04-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting article from the Telegraph in the UK.

So at 8:00pm tonight, you will be able to tune into Eastenders on not only your TV, but your mobile. :eek:

It only works over WiFi at the moment, but one interesting snippet in the article caught my attention:
    Users don’t need to install any additional software in order to watch the shows, but they do need to hold a colour TV license in order to enjoy the live programmes, which have been optimised for the small screens of mobile phones.

How can you watch it without installing anything?

And how can they determine you have a TV license?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would have guessed the TV license aspect of it would be more T&C rather than actualy enforcement although they may ask you to enter your phone number or something for verification? All speculation of course.

You can watch without installing over the likes of Real Player or something.

Why the hell did they chose Eastenders? Why not the football or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,250 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

only available to uk residents, anyone know a good cheap uk proxyserver for a mobile..:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

only available to uk residents, anyone know a good cheap uk proxyserver for a mobile..:o
    For Eastenders? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

For Eastenders? Ha.

Afaik proxy servers are too slow for video streaming, at least that's the conclusion I discovered when I tried to get access to the BBC iPlayer. I'd be delighted to be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Random wrote: »
    For Eastenders? :D

Steady on, Random, I was being ironic when I said Eastenders. :)

The article didn't mention any specific programme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement