Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router

Options
  • 08-04-2009 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I've just signed up with magnet and am getting their dsl modem.
    I want either a replacement modem that has wireless or a wireless router.

I've been looking through Komplett and I have to say I'm pretty bewildered by the amount of selection given the lack of any real way of comparing them.

My broadband speed is to be 7.5mb/s and there is an upgrade on the way to my exchange so I should expect to be at 24mb/s in the near future.

I will be using it for downloading large amounts of data (http, no torrents) and some voip (skype).

I also need to get a decent range, I have 3 pretty thin walls between the sitting room where the router will be located and my bedroom where I'll also want to access the internet.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to make the best choice?

I've heard the ruckus mediaflex ones are good but they are rather expensive. Reckon its worth it? Anyone able to speak from experience maybe?

Advertisement