Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berlin - Uni Accomadation/ Apartment for a week

• 08-04-2009 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling to Berlin with one other person in August for a week, and am trying to keep costs as low as possible. Accomadation wise, I've looked at hostels, but wanted to see if any boardsies knew of any University accomodation or self-catering apartments as alternatives. I'm doubtful about finding the apartment, but the Uni accomadation might be an alternative to hostels.

We were looking at Twin rooms in hostels (as in two single beds), and just wanted to see how alternative types of accom compared. Budget wise, I'll start with €30 maximum, but anything less than that is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hey.

You looking at 30 per night or per week? Doubt you'll find anything for 30 a week!

The nicest, cleanest, friendliest hostel I have ever stayed ANYWHERE was this:

http://www.singer109.com/index.php?l=en

I got a dorm bed for 14 euro a night but think it's 18 during the summer. But the rooms are so clean and new it's almost like staying in a Jury's Inn.

It's central too. If you wanted, you could walk to Alexanderplatz (the centre) but there's a train station 2 mins walk from the hostel so it's easier to just do that.

Berlin is awesome. Where exactly do you need to be near?

Look up the hostel in google.com/maps and you'll get your bearings..

Any other questions just ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I take it you mean 30 euro a night ? Ive been to Berlin a number of times and have never paid more than 20-25 euro a night and the hostels have always been lovely.

Last time we went a group of 4 of us rented an apartment that was 80 euro per night, so it worked out at 20 a piece. If you look around, you might find an apartment for 60 euro (30 each) per night.

Berlin is my favorite city - youre gonna love it. If you like clubbing check out Watergate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I did mean €30/night. I know Berlin's meant to be cheap, but not that cheap! ;)

Thanks for that link, Kraggy, it looks amazing there. Unfortunately, I think it may be full up the nights we're looking for, but I will keep it in mind.

Technically, I'll be spending a lot of time at the Olympic Stadium, but if Berlin's transport system is anything like Stuttgart's, then I could probably stay at the polar opposite side of the city and still be there in double-quick time!

Advertisement