Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheating on Gears of War 2

• 08-04-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

So anyone who plays Gears a fair bit will be able to you about the bad lag that the game gets every now and then.Alot of time its apparently due to the host having a poor connection or one or more players having a bad connection.Now I've heard a lot of people say that the lag apparently is caused by assholes exploiting the network in various ways, one such being something thats being called the glitch switch, which when turned on causes lag on the opposite team.
    Now I though alot of this was just rumours started by sore loosers, but ver the last few days I experienced it blatantly, namely by one guy who baragged about it and laughed about it.Then I recieved a message offering me a way to cheat thatwould cost me 1600 points and then later fronm a different guy a way of getting to rank 100 for the same. Needless to say the guy was rank 100 and so were others on his team.Its in my opinion almost impossible to reach 100 since the new update to now, so I believe him to be genuine and not pulling a scam.
    Guys like this really piss me off.Now I don'tcare what anyone does to their x box if it doesn't interfere with other peoples gaming experience but I think the frequency of this ****e is diminishing the playing experience of the majority of players and will probably feck up the network causeing greater lag problems.
    So anywhoo, was just wondering has anyone else come across this sort of thing on other games and what peoples views are of it.I came across it before on Halo3 alot when it came out at first, with the Ghosting cheat , but it seems to have been sorted by stricter control over cheats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Well, it has been reported on xbox live that recently people have been offering their services to hack live. Basically what they do is find your IP, and floods it with information, effectively blocking you from the service.

As for the lag switch, thats just some turds (the host) downloading loads of crap which in turn lags everyone out, except the host, who goes on a killing spree.

You usually see it when things are not going their way & like you, it drives me mad!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Was just reading on the gow forum that all the cheats on multi player , especially those that have used hacks to get to lvl 100 are about to get a really nasty shock. Not only will they be banned from gears multi player but they will loose all downloaded content and completely loose their gold account with a possible life time ban from xlive.Have to admit I'm thrilled as I just don't see the point in playing if you're just going to cheat, it ruins it for every one.
    So any one come across any 100's report the ****s if you're in a bad mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Yeah, tonight I came across one 100 and quickly compared his achievements. He had rank 100 without unlocking achievements for rank 50 and 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Looks like its pretty easy to cheat :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Yep, but on the other hand... So what that some kid has rank 100, if it does not correspond with his skill level... F*** him and show him who's the boss (with lower rank!) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

"See you at LAN" is all I'd say to losers who actually go to this length to win an online game. This is really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xX Mark Xx

Welcome to Gears 2. :D
    I remember when it came out I got into the world top 1,000 but stopped playing because of all the glitching and cheating. I went back to gears 1, it's better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I play alot of Gears of War 2 and I get great games and I get terrible games the best thing to do to avoid a large amount of lag is make sure that there are 5 Irish people in your party and then make sure the host of that party has atleast a 7mb connection with a decent upload speed.
    I know it sounds like alot but its quite easy.

Yes all the glitchers and lag switchers are being banned from playing Gears Of War 2 being banned off of Xbox live is a new one I havent heard or even read about anywhere but if it does happen the glitching f***ers deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I play alot of Gears of War 2 and I get great games and I get terrible games the best thing to do to avoid a large amount of lag is make sure that there are 5 Irish people in your party and then make sure the host of that party has atleast a 7mb connection with a decent upload speed.

Yes all the glitchers and lag switchers are being banned from playing Gears Of War 2 online but being banned off of Xbox live is a new one I havent heard or even read about anywhere but if it does happen the glitching f***ers deserve it.

Advertisement