Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rib run, Waterford to dublin, in aid of Temple st childrens Hosp

• 08-04-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

Posted with the permission of the moderator.

On the 11/12 of July 09 it is proposed to run a charity rib run from Waterford bridge to O'Connell bridge Dublin in aid of Temple St. Children's Hospital.
    The event is being run in association with Waterford Motorboat and Yacht club.
    http://www.wmyc-online.com/Home.html
    Up to 20 ribs will leave Waterford on Saturday morning, bound for Wexford harbour where there will be a charity BBQ that evening in Wexford Harbour Boat Club.
    On Sunday we will visit Court town / Arklow & Dun Laoghaire fund raising along the way arriving at O'Connell bridge in Dublin. The event will culminate at Poolbeg Yacht and Boat Club on Sunday evening where all facilities are available.

Our aim is to raise as much money as possible for this worthy cause.

While numbers are limited, we are currently looking for new entries.
    We hope to have a crew of six for each boat and a target of €250.00 for sponsorship has been set for each crew member, potentially raising €30000.00 for Temple Street. We will be providing participants with official Temple Street sponsorship forms to help with fund raising.
    This should be a great fun event with plenty of stops along the away and will provide a great opportunity to give your rib (and yourself) a decent stretch within the safety of a large group.
    Interested parties can contact me by email at
    ribraiders@live.ie

The event is a rib run, not a race and safety will of course be paramount. All participating craft will undergo an RNLI sea check prior to departure and powerboat level 2 is the minimum requirement for skippers, also at least one crew member must hold a valid VHF license. We intend to operate a “buddy system” in case of mechanical problems and the event will only go ahead if our safety officer deems the conditions to be suitable. With this in mind, we have set a lower size limit on participating ribs at five meters L.O.A.

We would of course be very grateful if you could make a donation through the link below.
    www.templestreet.ie
    Finally I would like to thank Boards for supporting this worthy cause.
    Regards,
    Mark.
    ribrun.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Hi folks,
    Nearly D-Day
    Weather doesn't look too bad for the weekend. A bit bumpy on Saturday, but better on Sun.
    I'm in a 6 meter Humber with an Evinrude 150hp so we should be well able for it.
    I've set up a page with mycharity.ie for my own personal fund raising effort.

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/mark_kennedys_event/

If anyone can help out, that would be great.

Regards,
    Mark.

Advertisement