Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sacrifices

Options
  • 08-04-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

What sort of sacrifices have you made so for in 6th year for the sake of your studies?
    For me: I have not drank since the summer, except on the night of the the Debs, and to be honest I dont think I'll start up again, I like having loads of energy on weekend mornings:).
    I've kept up going to the gym every second day, aswell as my weekly swim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sleeping in on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Giving up stuff! Are you fecking serious? It's the Leaving Cert for God sake, you haven't just had a heart transplant or anything.

I've given up nothing, possibly had to work around things but not that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm drinking less when I go out, because I get awful hangovers and am completely useless the next day. I'm not doing as much this Easter (actually I'm doing nothing, just studying all day) because I have soooo much study to do. I've pretty much given up fresh air and sunlight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

Job, team sports, gym, .....the odd weekend out is about the only thing I've left!

Giving up stuff! Are you fecking serious? It's the Leaving Cert for God sake, you haven't just had a heart transplant or anything.

I've given up nothing, possibly had to work around things but not that much.

To be fair, a lot of people really have to put the hours in to get the points they need, so often a LOT of sacrifices have to be made..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I've had to cut down a lot on sport. My fitness levels have gone through the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I sacrificed bebo? Does that count?

Actually, I've sacrificed way too much. Not even just bebo (although that hurt)
    - Going out every weekend and getting offmifaceboi
    - Going to the gym has been sliced down to one night a week
    - Having a life, in general.
    - Everything else

And I still don't even do much :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I've had to cut down a lot on sport. My fitness levels have gone through the floor.

Same, unfortunately :( still train 3 or 4 times a week, but usually so tired after school days i dont put in as much effort!
    Overall, i havnt sacrificed that much, i still work all day every sunday, and still watch all my fave tv :D but cant wait till the leaving is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

didnt make many scarificies just packed away xbox still go out with lads on weekends and footie just use my time as best i can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Nothing......only saturday mornings for grinds in the Institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

nothing really. quit my jobs cos I was working 26hrs a week, couldn't really keep that up for 6th year. and uhm I go to grinds for an hour on a thursday evening. so the job would be the main thing! no money :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Personally, I find that the more sports and activites you do, the better able you are to study and cope with stress.

I'm taking up new sports at the moment! Takes one's mind off the exams which is the most important thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Had to give up work, and therefore can't go out nowhere near as much as I have no monies.
    Gave up the gym aswell...although it is kind of a grey area since my membership ended before 6th year, but I gave it up because I knew I wouldnt have time to justify the expense. Still keeping (reasonably) healthy, probably not eating great but I still excercise 3/4 times a week, not for that long though!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

just packed away xbox
    Why didn't I think of that?I blame microsoft if I don't get the points I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Same, unfortunately :( still train 3 or 4 times a week, but usually so tired after school days i dont put in as much effort!
    Overall, i havnt sacrificed that much, i still work all day every sunday, and still watch all my fave tv :D but cant wait till the leaving is over!

Yeah I'm only managing to go around twice a week now. Most training sessions are before school and getting up so early is just too much now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Same here. I've never been so unfit before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Only goin gym once a week but thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

I keep trying to give up going out, but I can't!

After Easter...that's what I'm telling myself...:rolleyes:

Advertisement