Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff to do in Dublin

Options
  • 08-04-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Im visiting my girlfriend in dublin (bang in the center of town) tomorow for a few days since im off college and she wants me there, but im kinda stuck for stuff to do.. I wana bring her for dinner and do romantic things (as they say) with herself but since I havent been in dublin in a long long time I dont know where to go, what to do.

Does anyone have any sites to see during the day/night. Any suggestions of restaurants (im a student to mitchellen star , aldoh attractive, wont fit the bill unfortunately lol)

Cheers guys and dolls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I went to the Porthouse before a gig on Monday, there was two of us and we got two tapas dishes each, a mussels dish, a calamari dish, a whitebait dish and a lamb chop dish, we got a prawn dish afterwards between us. We had a bottle of red with the meal and it cost 52 Euro. If you prefer beer, then the Market bar is your man. The food great, massive portions (for tapas).

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/the_port_house.shtml

There is a good map on that site.

(The Porthouse is like a dungeon by the way, let your eyes adjust before you walk in, you will only end up walking in to everything if you don't)

During the day, the gallery's, museums, parks...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Guinness store house is worth a visit. Great view up the top so I guess that counts as romantic.

If the weather is anyway nice than sitting in Stephen's green for a few hours is a great (and cheap) way to pass the time.

Again you'd be against the weather but go out to the 40ft in Sandycove for a swim followed by a walk along the seafront and some fish and chips.

There's a place called Solas on Wexford st which has good food for pretty good prices (bout 10Euro for a main course). It's got a great chilled atmosphere and really great cocktails.

Hope this helps:D. I've done them all with my boyfriend and enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Cheers for the advice guys, much appreciated.

Sounds like that should nicely fill the day for the two of us!

I like the idea of the view :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

lightening wrote: »
    I went to the Porthouse before a gig on Monday, there was two of us and we got two tapas dishes each, a mussels dish, a calamari dish, a whitebait dish and a lamb chop dish, we got a prawn dish afterwards between us. We had a bottle of red with the meal and it cost 52 Euro. If you prefer beer, then the Market bar is your man. The food great, massive portions (for tapas).

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/the_port_house.shtml

There is a good map on that site.

(The Porthouse is like a dungeon by the way, let your eyes adjust before you walk in, you will only end up walking in to everything if you don't)

During the day, the gallery's, museums, parks...

The porthouse sister, Bar Pintxo on eustace street do an early bird and a few cocktails. Its a bit brighter in there aswell and the smoking area is pretty cool. Oh and the best toilets in dublin imho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

A ramble around Grafton Street always goes down well. Soak up the atmosphere.

Advertisement