Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice UK week 3

Options
  • 08-04-2009 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

And there off!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Ben was hilarious in the car...when he said something like ...God help anyone in the boardroom with me!!
    Is it a bit early to mix the teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think it is good to mix the teams I never liked the whole man V woman thing.

STOP TALKING !

Thats what I am thinking when I watch this show.

Please god just stop talking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

James was very lucky to survive. A man that emotional deserved to go imo.

P.S. Mods, I can't see the point of the reality TV thread, surely a TV programme is a TV programme and a reality TV thread just confuses matters?

P.S. Mods, I can't see the point of the reality TV thread, surely a TV programme is a TV programme and a reality TV thread just confuses matters?

There was a thread about this for the last month then you should have brought it up.

Whats the point of a Soap Opera Thread!

I also think Ben was very lucky to survive. None of them are that impressive so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems very quiet in here for the Apprentice alright. Not sure a reality TV forum is worth having to be honest. Maybe a few years ago but not any more.

• Advertisement

No one has posted in the main forum either I thought someone would have done so by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Ben is such a gimp. Although some of his lines shown on "The Apprentice: You're Fired" were hilarious.

Fair play to yer man that stood up for the woman who did the pitch. The PM(Debra?) was setting her up as a target in the boardroom in case they didn't win, and he threw it back in her face and made her look very bad indeed. I think Sugar will have noted that and I think Debra's days could be numbered.

The two people I would love to see get the boot would have to be Debra and Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bond-007, for the next few weeks it might be a good idea to post the thread in Television and move it to Reality TV straight away (leaving a redirect link). That way, the thread will be on page 1 of Television while the show is airing.... (and will also remind people where to go)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I still come on here to check out the reality tv! I'll have to get the ANTM and BNTM threads started so that they too can be ignored and I can feel like I've made all the worst tv decisions and then cry myself to sleep each night.

Anyway, back on topic. That James guy is a mess! Nearly crying? My God. If his team loses again, he's a goner.

Did anyone watch the after show on BBC2? I really don't like that knicker woman. The guy that was fired came across very well though, loved the "just the two of us" bit with him and Philip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

2nd week in a row James avoided being fired when he should have been. He is very very lucky that Sir Alan sees something in him.
    Ben is a complete tosser - he's so cocky that you just know he won't win. Ditto for Debra.

On the flipside, I really like Yasmina - best bit of last night's show was her phone conversation with Debra.

"You already have one ethnic minority, you don't need two."
    "You can't say stuff like that!"
    "I'm Iranian, so I can." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I feckin' love this show:). I was addicted from the first episode! Debra's a cow! Too right she was paving the way for Lorraine to take the blame if they'd lost.
    James is an over emotional tool, he just gabbles on and on digging himself in deeper and deeper... I suspect the entertaining folk are kept in longer. Thats the 2nd week where two boring nonentities got fired. I wonder if his resume is full of bs, Alan said it was impressive:confused:.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I feckin' love this show:). I was addicted from the first episode! Debra's a cow! Too right she was paving the way for Lorraine to take the blame if they'd lost.
    James is an over emotional tool, he just gabbles on and on digging himself in deeper and deeper... I suspect the entertaining folk are kept in longer. Thats the 2nd week where two boring nonentities got fired. I wonder if his resume is full of bs, Alan said it was impressive:confused:.

I think the guy who got fired last week would have done well on this task. But your right in other years they wouldn't have been brought into the board room.

Debra is brilliant and the American's reaction to her was also excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The American is in for a rough ride next week by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

was sure on the follow up show on BBC2 that they'd pick up on the Irish girl "bouncing" to the phone in her PJ's

Who is the Irish girl, is it Lorraine-the one with the glasses? I thought she had an accent but her profile on the bbc doesn't mention her being Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Who is the Irish girl, is it Lorraine-the one with the glasses? I thought she had an accent but her profile on the bbc doesn't mention her being Irish.
    That's the one.

My oh failed to record the 'you're fired' prog on bbc2 after it...:mad: mad I missed it. Pity Harry Hill's tv burp is over for this season, I enjoyed the Apprentice bits:D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtX-4A69mGo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

She has this weird thing where she has two accents. During the presentations she is all London, during workshops and in the car, etc, with the team she is all Irish. She even managed to use an anology of her 'nana' using the product, and told the same story at two different times, but in two different accents.

Re: last night, definitely Ben deserved to go. James should have went last week, but was not the most incompetent last night. The product had a good concept that then became interfered with to the point that it became useless. The original idea was reasonably good, or at least unique, but what was produced looked nothing like he envisaged without any specific function. It also looked crap.

Fair play to the other team, that product looked good, worked well and it could well be something that actually gets produced. I wonder do the entrants have to sign something giving all IP to Alan Sugar inc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Great show last night.
    Wasn't Debra such a cow with her "no I'm not having it" dimwitted refusal to put two different races in the advertising campaign!! And she definitely tried to set up Lorraine for a fall. Horrible ugly wagon!
    Philip was a hero the way he stood up to her - he is looking like one of the stronger candidates. The roller-ball thingy was his idea too.
    On the other team the project manager should have prevented it from becoming an all-singing all-dancing contraption - their original idea of the wing/bingo-buster thing was really strong. And after they visited the shop they (or some of the team) knew that a single function item was the way to go. I just couldn't believe that a shop actually placed orders for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

The losing teams product was a classic example of a design by commitee. The only problem being that only one person more or less designed it.....which leads me to one conclusion: Ben is a schizophrenic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I think John Terry is going to win this year. Thought he'd have enough money from playing with Chelsea. Still he's shown his a great leader like he is on the pitch. Fair play to him for standing for the Irish girl in the boardroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Genghis wrote: »
    She has this weird thing where she has two accents. During the presentations she is all London, during workshops and in the car, etc, with the team she is all Irish. She even managed to use an anology of her 'nana' using the product, and told the same story at two different times, but in two different accents.

I think she was born in London though,but you are right re her accent.

Have to say really got into it this week,the first couple of weeks are actually hard to get into as you are only starting to get to know the candidates.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I think she was born in London though,but you are right re her accent.

During the presentations she was going between an Irish and an English accent IMO and she seems to do that all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I keep forgetting this forum exists.

I too was so impressed with Philip when he stood up to that rip Debra when she criticised Lorraine. While her practice pitch was dreadful she was good in with the buyers. I think Lorraine is like Kristina from before, born here but grew up in London so she has a hybrid accent.

As stated previously, I despise Ben, but I didn't think he deserved to go as he came up with the idea. However Kate/ Natalie Appleton pointed out that he completely took over the ideas brainstorming, and she had a point. He is a horrid seedy little man who you could just imagine in an adult cinema in a dirty mac (with stockbroker's suit underneath of course). Vile.

And I felt sorry for Noorul when the girls wanted Philip instead of him for the campaign. Well almost sorry as I think he is in love with himself anyway!

James cannot last much longer surely, even if Maggie has a soft spot for him. But I would like Debra gone next. And of the remaining contestants, we've yet to see much from Paula (the ginger one) and Kimberly, but with her at least I think we will next week.

Advertisement