Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help with dinner plan!!

• 08-04-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

I need help with planning a nice Good Friday dinner for me and the other half. I'm not a bad cook, but don't cook often so out of practice and ideas. I have a fairly limited repetoire and am sick of pizza, Fajitas, spag bol, bangers and mash, steak, chicken stir fry!

Looking for ideas for:

Starter that can be made a while in advance
    Main - chicken or fish
    dessert - again preferably that can be prepared in advance

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Tom C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

what do you like and dis like to eat i could write you menus all day:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Starter: Scallops with brandy cream sauce or simply with seared chorizo and mini potato cakes? The scallops cook in a minute.

Mains: Pork Thai curry with brown rice / Chicken Leg Casserole with made simply with fresh chopped veg, tin of chopped tomatoes and water?

Dessert: A simple toasted almond roulade with fresh berries - pleases everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

How bout stuffed peppers for starters.

Simple - half red peppers and remove seeds. Rub wiith olive oil, chop some sheery tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, fill the inside of the peppers, dash of balsamic vineger and top with cheese. Roast in oven 180 degrees for 40 mins. Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bunalunhoney

Don't know what to call this dish as I just made it up from stuff I had in the fridge but it's really yummy if you're into prawns.
    Chop and fry in olive oil(I use extra virgin which apparently you're not supposed to cook with - something to do with expense and low smoking point):
    • garlic - 3-4 cloves
    • shallots - 6
    • sun blushed tomatoes - about 1/3 of a cups worth approx (I'm not too good with measurements!)
    • black olives - about 1/3 of a cup also
    • 1 red chilli - remove seeds if you don't want it too hot
    • flat leaf parsley - a handful (I usually use all of the contents of the bags you get in the supermarket)
    • king prawns (Tesco were doing good sized bags of frozen ones last week for €2.99 - great value!)(defrost before use)
    Add these, all finely chopped (keep prawns whole), one after the other in the order listed above, until nice and hot then add a dash(not too much) of balsamic vinegar, a tin of chopped tomatoes(I use the one with added garlic) and freshly ground black pepper and simmer. Whilst all this is going on, have your spaghetti on the boil. When spaghetti is done, drain and spoon your mixture on top. Serves 2.

Really is delicious. Whatever you decide to cook, enjoy!

Advertisement