Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submission to search engine...

Options
  • 08-04-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi folks,

I just made a new site and I now want to get it up the listings in Google etc.

I have submitted the site to google, how long does it take before the site shows up in a google search??

Also are there any other approaches i can take to improve the organic search results outside of meta tags.?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

make and submit a sitemap, you can do it in webmaster tools
    set up an account on google webmaster tools and google analytics.
    Submit it to this site http://www.dmoz.org/help/submit.html apparently google likes this site.

You should start to see results in 1/2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

create a site map there are different versions afaik for yahoo and google and then just follow the instructions on each site
    and dmoz.org is good too as it is checked by humans .but make sure that if you are submitting it to them that everything is correct the will not list sites that spam meta tags. they like banning people for that.

other than that try to get links fropm quality sites it will improve the google rankings.

try to have a different page title for each page the title should be descriptive and revelant to the content in the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Use semantic markup (headers that are actually headers, etc) and avoid Flash like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

Heres 2 tools that will help you optimise your keywords Enter your search term and your site/page address and see how it scores messing around with the words and titles till you get it as good as you can. This scans your pages and it gives you all the words in it get the ones that show up most and use them as your keywords. Using these tools you can get your page perfect for the search term your looking for.

Also im addicted to this http://website.grader.com/#ReportTop shows you how well you rank and there alot of info on the blog about the seo stuff.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 michael_23

Cheers for the replies folks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement