Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused vegetarian student needs help!

• 08-04-2009 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello ello, i have come here for some advice on my diet.Latley i dont seem to be loosing any weight, in fact i seem to be gaining it! I think the problem is diet related as i am a firm believer that you have to eat right in order to loose weight because all the exercise in the world won't allow you to loose weight if you are eating like crap.My goal is mostly mainteance of my current weight.

So a few basic facts about me, i am a girl aged 19.I' m 5ft 7 and 9st 12lbs (my goal is to get to 9 stone 7 maintain that.). I am a vegetarian, a student who has a very long day at college ,usually up at 6.30 don't get home till 7 on an early day. I work out around 6 times a week, doing weights 2-3 times along with a lot of cardio. I think my main problem is i am eating not enough or that i am eating too much protein.

Anyho my diet as of late has turned to a horrible mess of information from various diet books.So i am rather confused.Like what should a vegetarian who is interested in doing weights and cardio seriously be eating as well as having enough energy left to cope well with a sometimes very long day at college.Im also always busy, if am not doing college stuff, chances are i will be out with my friends somewhere too.

A typical day's diet for me is.

Calories:1200 at the least, 1500 at the most. I tend to burn off around 300 cals per exercise session.
    Breakfast:Between 200 and 300 cals.I alternate this a lot, sometimes i will have porridge or bran flakes but today i had a protein shake mixed with a weetabix (200 cals)(around 20g protein here)
    This would usually be at 6.30 am and i have a 20 min walk soon after having breakfast.

Lunch:600 cals-I will divide this up into either 2 small 300 meals or 3x200 meals during the day in college to give me energy.Today was as follows -2x qourn chicken fillets and 2x pieces of wholegrain bread.(26gs protein here).This is usually eaten whilst studying or trying to finish of an assingment.

Dinner:Usually between 300-500 cals depending on the day.Today i was wrecked from college so had 2x tescos veggie burgers(80 cals each, 10g protein), 2x protein shakes (80 cals each 18 g of protein per shake).(320 in total).Would normally have this after a 20 min walk from the bus stop at around 7.30.I would generally start doing my weights at 8.30 and then follow up with 30 mins of cardio.

Supper:Piece of wholegrain toast with 2 grapes. I would eat this only very rarely due to always being in bed by around 10 or 11 on a college night.

Excerise: 20 min s of free weights, 30 min s on exercise bike, 15 min s on mini trampoline, 30 min walk to and from college).

I do have a few weaknesses such as coke zero, a chocolate treat once a week.Also a big fan of the auld tea, have to have my fix everyday :p.

Any piece of advice would be really appreciated =).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I'm not the person to talk about calories...if i started to count I'd just go crazy!! But at first glance you seem to eat very little fruit or veg which are generally low in calories, but full of vitamins and good stuff....

Advertisement