Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM VSR G-Spec or JG BAR 10 G-Spec?

Options
  • 08-04-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi, I have been looking for a VSR variant and I was going with a TM G-Spec until I found out about the performance of the JG BAR 10. I would like to know if anyone has compared them before and knows much about their performance differences eg. accuracy, range, quietness. I do not mind spending the money on a TM VSR but if there is very little difference between the two, I will probably go for the BAR 10.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Hi, I have been looking for a VSR variant and I was going with a TM G-Spec until I found out about the performance of the JG BAR 10. I would like to know if anyone has compared them before and knows much about their performance differences eg. accuracy, range, quietness. I do not mind spending the money on a TM VSR but if there is very little difference between the two, I will probably go for the BAR 10.

Thanks in advance!

If money isnt an issue, go for the TM. It's easily the the best sniper in airsoft. It is accurate, quiet and an overall good finish. You might want to replave the springas the stock one is a bit weak.

The JG is a good cheap alternative and can be upgraded with TM parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    If money isnt an issue, go for the TM. It's easily the the best sniper in airsoft. It is accurate, quiet and an overall good finish. You might want to replave the springas the stock one is a bit weak.

The JG is a good cheap alternative and can be upgraded with TM parts.

But how much difference, performance wise, is there between the BAR 10 and the VSR 10? Also remember that the JG version comes with a decent 3-9x40 scope and with the VSR doesn't come with a scope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

But how much difference, performance wise, is there between the BAR 10 and the VSR 10? Also remember that the JG version comes with a decent 3-9x40 scope and with the VSR doesn't come with a scope.

preformance wise, the Tm is better but there is not too much in it. It would be quieter, more accurate maybe more range but not by alot. I have the bar myself and know the vsr is better. The bar was good for me because i didnt have the money. The bar is a perfectly good sniper but you have to keep in mind its cheaper for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    preformance wise, the Tm is better but there is not too much in it. It would be quieter, more accurate maybe more range but not by alot. I have the bar myself and know the vsr is better. The bar was good for me because i didnt have the money. The bar is a perfectly good sniper but you have to keep in mind its cheaper for a reason.

Will probably go for the TM then. Thanks for the help!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

be aware , in order to replace the spring on the tm you need to drill out a pin on the cylinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Do you have to drill the bar-10 as well? Always wondered about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

No its on the VSR, TM seem to do it on all their gear.

Also tapping the cylinder is a 10 minute job its nice and easy and tbh you cant really screw it up.

Advertisement