Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Barn Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭A.O.N

Hi guys,

AON will be making a trip down to you this Sunday bright and early, there should be around 20 of us and I think only 2 have been before.

We've all heard great things and I'm really looking forward to kicking some ass on your site (hopefully) :rolleyes:.

See you Sunday.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

A.O.N wrote: »
    Hi guys,

AON will be making a trip down to you this Sunday bright and early, there should be around 20 of us and I think only 2 have been before.

We've all heard great things and I'm really looking forward to kicking some ass on your site (hopefully) :rolleyes:.

See you Sunday.:cool:
    Glad to hear that. Looking forward to havin you guys gaming. We'll try and order some dry weather for ya.:p

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Glad to hear that. Looking forward to havin you guys gaming. We'll try and order some dry weather for ya.:p

Twud be nice, we are a bit to used to the concrete at this point lol.:pac:

See you then boss. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Might have a few hours on saturday afternoon, do you open the gates at lunchtime?

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Might have a few hours on saturday afternoon, do you open the gates at lunchtime?
    We sure do Dave. And I'll have the kettle on too.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

We sure do Dave. And I'll have the kettle on too.
    :D

Sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

We...(4 of us) have never played in the red barn, but would love to give it a go.Every time we discuss going at least 2 of the people say they have not got the right boots, and that you are not let play without proper combat boots. Is this true or is it another exaggerated rumor.? We would have been out at least 3 times by now if this apparent sanction did not exist. Obviously proper footwear is ,but we played Fingal in winter and footwear was never a problem. Please advise folks.TIA

Walker34 wrote: »
    We...(4 of us) have never played in the red barn, but would love to give it a go.Every time we discuss going at least 2 of the people say they have not got the right boots, and that you are not let play without proper combat boots. Is this true or is it another exaggerated rumor.? We would have been out at least 3 times by now if this apparent sanction did not exist. Obviously proper footwear is ,but we played Fingal in winter and footwear was never a problem. Please advise folks.TIA
    Hi Walker, we don't allow players to play in runners as of the risks attached with any possible injuries. We do insist on good boots with ankle support , they do not have to be army/combat boots. After all you only have two feet (we assume),and you gotta protect them, same as eyewear, Safety first then fun.
    If your stuck we usually have 4 or 5 pairs of boots to lend out. Just pm me or email the site and I'll put some by for you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Thanks for the prompt reply Dobby, my wife just came back from Meath street market after looking for boots, but they were closing. They only has industrial boots in stock.....summer time you see.We live Southside so we would not want to drive all thje way to Swords only to be turned away over footware. I appreciate the need for safety and all that, but I now feel a little more assured after your reply. These are teenagers and its hard to define where the runner ends and the boot begins in what they wear on their feet....Im sure they will be fine, and we might be out this..... weekend weather permitting.

Walker34 wrote: »
    They only has industrial boots in stock.....summer time you see...Im sure they will be fine, and we might be out this..... weekend weather permitting.
    Work boots are usually acceptable, so long as the ankle is supported.
    As I said we have 4/5 pairs on site and if needed just email me sizes etc. before the day so I can put some aside for you.
    Look forward to seeing you guys down..:)
    Damian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Hi Walker, we don't allow players to play in runners as of the risks attached with any possible injuries. We do insist on good boots with ankle support , they do not have to be army/combat boots. After all you only have two feet (we assume),and you gotta protect them, same as eyewear, Safety first then fun.
    If your stuck we usually have 4 or 5 pairs of boots to lend out. Just pm me or email the site and I'll put some by for you.:)

you can pick your self up a decent pair of boots in shoe zone for about €25 like i just did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Hi Dobby, i'll be coming out tomorrow in the morning for the day for my first time. About the boot safty issue, I have workmans boots, but they don't have ankle supporters I THINK can you confirm please:
    Photo01014.jpg

They have steel toes, and there lighter then my own runners, have used these plenty of times, and there great boots. Afterall, there called "Saftey boots" :). Let me know if its ok.

Rob

PS. It's also my first time in the rain, so should I bring like towels or something? ._.

Hey Rob, The look fine to me.
    See ya tomorrow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Boots are boots, you can tell whether or not your ankle is supported when you've got 'em on. Definately worth having for the barn, lots of places you could go over on your ankle there. Plus I wouldn't say it'd be fun losing your runner in the stream either. You don't need to spend a million bucks on boots, just get something that will support your ankle and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Exactly - my current boots cost €15 in decathalon, last time i was in Paris.

Hey again lads, just wana say thanks very much for today. I was a virgin to this site before, and it was my first time going. Have to say, had a absolutely brillient day, my new main site this one is. Loved the very last game with finding the boxes, took a good hour for us. So unfortunat that yellow team won with 1 box tho :L bastards!! :P

Thanks again, will deffo be up there in the next two weeks or so.

Rob

PS. If any1 is thinking bout going to here, I HIGHLY recommend you try it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Another large turnout today, thanks for enjoyable few games. Even with the heavy rain later in the day, the woodland canopy gave enough cover to play on, great day with honorable players enjoying the crack and donuts !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

+1 - great day, even the rain couldn't put a damper on it. :)

To be fair, I think we robbed the red team in the last game, winning with 1 box to 4 (our one box happened to have more points in it than the other 4) - the funny thing was, the highly contested last box (in the tree behind dodds) was the one with the minus points - we lost the box in the end, but the minus points it contained gave us the game. Luck has a strange sense of humour...

+1 - great day, even the rain couldn't put a damper on it. :)

To be fair, I think we robbed the red team in the last game, winning with 1 box to 4 (our one box happened to have more points in it than the other 4) - the funny thing was, the highly contested last box (in the tree behind dodds) was the one with the minus points - we lost the box in the end, but the minus points it contained gave us the game. Luck has a strange sense of humour...
    Indeed...we spent a good 20minutes looking for that stupid last box, when it was right infront of us! :P

It kinda sucked for us coz we were all happy at the end, FINALLY we won a game vs you guys nd were were chuffed, only to find out we got the wrong damn box's haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 l CaESaR l

Hey,

Thanks for today lads, had a great time even with the rain in the last game.

Yellow Team rules :P

Philip.

Rob2593 wrote: »
    So unfortunat that yellow team won with 1 box tho :L bastards!! :P

lol, go Yellow Team, we always kick ass no matter what weather condition it is :P

• Advertisement

A big thanks to all who gamed today. Super day. Even when the rain came a tumbilin down you all soldiered on... well nearly all..lol.
    Great sportsmanship and good craic. We enjoyed it hope you all did too.

Just told the clouds to stay on hold for most of tomorrow and not to drip down on us. Fingers crossed. See ya all tomorrow.:)

Another great day today. Thanks to all the players for their honesty and skill.. Well played to A.O.N on their first trip to the Barn.
    Thankfully the rain held off for the guts of the day.BB swaping at its finest:D

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

some great games today.im wrecked:)

and tanks for the lend of a battery when mine died:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭citizenken

great day yesterday, even in the mud, Im the one who lost the pistol sig226, if you find it just post it here (or email me citizenken61@gmail.com)and Ill pop up and get it. I think I lost it on the last game @ when we were attacking (yellow) the back end of the courtyard where the flag was, we came across the ditch at the corner i think it might be in there, but it might have fallen out farther down the track. Be back soon.

Another great day today. Thanks to all the players for their honesty and skill.. Well played to A.O.N on their first trip to the Barn.
    Thankfully the rain held off for the guts of the day.BB swaping at its finest:D

We will be back, great site (great rules), well laid out (finally another site where you can shoot what you can see), sound lads running it and great game scenarios.

What more could you ask for?

Oh and we kicked ass in that box game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Great games Sunday, good fun playing with AON. Sorry about the sniper in the last game -:o- bad intel from other yellow team members - not AON ! :D:D

hitman_ wrote: »
    Great games Sunday, good fun playing with AON. Sorry about the sniper in the last game -:o- bad intel from other yellow team members - not AON ! :D:D

Ah sure everyone makes mistakes, great craic shooting the red team with you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tov

Was there a pair of TM Fan Goggles left behind on Sunday by any chance?

Tov wrote: »
    Was there a pair of TM Fan Goggles left behind on Sunday by any chance?
    full mask ?? yes there was. I have em for ya. Just let me know when you want em.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tov

full mask ?? yes there was. I have em for ya. Just let me know when you want em.:)

Cool, cheers. My first day out with them and I leave them behind.:o

I'll hopefully be down some time over the next couple of weeks and will pick them up then if you don't mind holding on to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement