Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Barn Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

deco nate wrote: »
    great also can i rent a mesh mask off ya,thinkin of buyin one but want to try one first
    yeah no problem.

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Hey,I'm a friend of Mac1's and am in the same circumstances. Any chance I could sign up on the Tuesday with him too?
    Yep, i'll bring two forms so.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Tov

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    Thanks Jim, by the way we found a walkie at the gate where your guys were waiting on your lift. I have it safe for you.:)

Cheers for finding that Dobby, it's mine...I really have to stop leaving all my gear behind me at your site :rolleyes:

Great games yesterday by the way. The ammo box game had some really intense firefights and for once we actually won it in the end.:D That rain during the last game at the courtyard was just something else though...typical that it stopped just as soon as the game was over.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yep, i'll bring two forms so.

Thanks a lot. Been dying to get out to your site! Most likely be up tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

had a good day yesterday, great to see a good heap of marshalls around the place!!

One thing i have to clear up dough, in the ammo box game, i shot some of the red team (i was on the yellow team) on the roadway just before the bridge, can these players respawn at respawn point 1 or should they move futhur back to respawn 2? I am asking this cause i have played this game twice now and had issues with the respawn both times.

My arguement is that they should go futhur back because it makes it very difficult to get passed that respawn if the other team can respawn at it. Surely if the opposing team is hit it makes them weak witch my team can take adanvtage of to move foward and eventually be able to use that respawn.

Sorry about the rant but it is the only think that annoyed me both times i played that game. I just think there is a slight flaw in the respawn situation on that perticular game.

If people could throw up there thoughts from both the yellow and red side just to hear what you think. I would say our team was doing a simular situation with respawn 7.

Otherwise great games, great site will def be back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

had a good day yesterday, great to see a good heap of marshalls around the place!!

One thing i have to clear up dough, in the ammo box game, i shot some of the red team (i was on the yellow team) on the roadway just before the bridge, can these players respawn at respawn point 1 or should they move futhur back to respawn 2? I am asking this cause i have played this game twice now and had issues with the respawn both times.

My arguement is that they should go futhur back because it makes it very difficult to get passed that respawn if the other team can respawn at it. Surely if the opposing team is hit it makes them weak witch my team can take adanvtage of to move foward and eventually be able to use that respawn.

Sorry about the rant but it is the only think that annoyed me both times i played that game. I just think there is a slight flaw in the respawn situation on that perticular game.

If people could throw up there thoughts from both the yellow and red side just to hear what you think. I would say our team was doing a simular situation with respawn 7.

Otherwise great games, great site will def be back again.
    i had a similar issue with the rules at the bridge.
    we received a hint that the ammo box was on the edge of the LZ, therefore we'd have to get across the bridge to get it. however, the rules stated that we weren't allowed to attack your base so if we crossed the bridge in numbers we would have been ordered to pull back.

you're right about the spawn, gave reds a big advantage there. that said, the yellow spawn wasn't a million miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

Hey, I came up there a few weeks ago and i'm planning on coming again this sunday, but my membership card still hasn't reached me. Would this be a problem?

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captaindanwaldo

i had a similar issue with the rules at the bridge.
    we received a hint that the ammo box was on the edge of the LZ, therefore we'd have to get across the bridge to get it. however, the rules stated that we weren't allowed to attack your base so if we crossed the bridge in numbers we would have been ordered to pull back.

you're right about the spawn, gave reds a big advantage there. that said, the yellow spawn wasn't a million miles away.

Ha was a great day, but i agree with both of ya, i think it was just down to a bit of confusion on both teams part, i didnt have a problem with anyone that had advance forward beyond that respawn and were then hit respawning at that point but i know i hit a few people behind it and they advanced forward to respawn shock!
    At that perticular time there was no marshal and we just shouted across at one lad and fair play to him he realised that it made sence and he fell back further to respawn, i think it was abit frustrating for both parties

Just to hopefully clear it up, if you as a team are controlling a respawn you cannot use it to respawn, you must use another available one. As a team you don't have to be right beside it to be controlling it so therefore whichever team was using it should realy have fallen back to respawn 2. If there was a marshal present he should have informed you of this.The respawn rules vary ever so slightly depending on what game type it is also.
    There will always be a number of grey areas in Airsoft rules, so we try to eliminate as many as we can. Its usually never clearcut though.
    We can only try and improve.

..... but do I hear someone saying flanking maneuver.:D

Rob2593 wrote: »
    Hey, I came up there a few weeks ago and i'm planning on coming again this sunday, but my membership card still hasn't reached me. Would this be a problem?

Rob
    No problem at all. The back log is just about cleard now so your card should be with you soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Thanks to all the lads for a great few games last night.
    The last game was good craic with Richie's grenade putting paid to our defense of Ranger base.
    Hoping for a break in the rain for the weekend games.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

We really need to get out to you guys for a day, though it'll probably end up being the end of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

hi lads,great games last night,man some of those boys know their stuff!and rushin the barn i learned something new,rush in 3s!! good team work all round well done to all who turned up,see ya soon:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

1 in a million shot that i'll ever see it again but could you add a g36 fire selector switch to the lost list :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brino 9mm.

to all that know me i am giving up airsoft all my gear is for sale it will be up in a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

brino 9mm. wrote: »
    to all that know me i am giving up airsoft all my gear is for sale it will be up in a few days

and you only showed me your new SCAR there 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭citizenken

Ken, we found your Sig. I'll keep it for you.:D
    AAAAHHH I dididn't think I was ever going to see it again, Ill pop up Saturday and get it, yipee, fair play lads:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

Lads,

I'll be up on Saturday with a newbie.
    Could you put aside an AEG and mask for him to rent.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

brino 9mm. wrote: »

are you??ahh y?sad to hear that! put me down for your grenade if its up for sale;)
    hey damo and all the lads at redbarn.

i should be down on sat for a half day in the evening i got time of work,my g&g is still gettn repaired so im thinkn of buyn an aeg tonight as back up:) im thinkn g36 ane suggestions guys?

if i get it i shall be down with a few lads.

cheers,

Andy

are you??ahh y?sad to hear that! put me down for your grenade if its up for sale;)
    hey damo and all the lads at redbarn.

i should be down on sat for a half day in the evening i got time of work,my g&g is still gettn repaired so im thinkn of buyn an aeg tonight as back up:) im thinkn g36 ane suggestions guys?

if i get it i shall be down with a few lads.

cheers,

Andy
    i got a kwa 36 in mia last week used in in the barn on tuesday,great gun,or a jg36 its cheaper kwa bout 240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

hey to all today,i had a great day yet again!

i hope to be down next saturday again:D

thanks again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Damian just wondering if i left a mask up there last Sunday,just the normal €12 green mesh one? on the inside AOF was wrote on it in red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Torik

hey to all today,i had a great day yet again!

i hope to be down next saturday again:D

thanks again:)

Likewise and we have some good material from that day, photos to follow shortly (many thanks to the marshal who had the cam) and as soon as ther vids can be spliced they will show up. Overall really good day and good game variety as always. We'l be back in 2 or 3 weeks an Dobby the water in your ditchs smells rank I move for improved fragrance, lavender anyone :D:D

Torik (Al)

mle1324 wrote: »
    Damian just wondering if i left a mask up there last Sunday,just the normal €12 green mesh one? on the inside AOF was wrote on it in red.
    Will check tomorrow Aaron.:)

Torik wrote: »
    Overall really good day and good game variety as always. We'l be back in 2 or 3 weeks an Dobby the water in your ditchs smells rank I move for improved fragrance, lavender anyone :D:D

Torik (Al)
    I thought we had put the perfume in the ditch water already.lol...
    more bridges that what I say....:D

I thought we had put the perfume in the ditch water already.lol...
    more bridges that what I say....:D

feck the bridges no one ever seems to look in the ditch or follow me if I use em for a get away. and how many times we have to tell ya adding more cow ****e is not perfume there is a difference :P

Again thanks all who played honourably and helped make it another great shooting match in Red Barn and to Dobby an the lads D-day always good :D.
    the pics well the first I suppose at least the red team had someone who had a plan :P, the other 2 well need I say more, Lemons all the way :cool:

p.s. youtube link will be posted as soon as there is a vid ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

hey guys,
    regarding membership can we come along on the day and apply for membership and then play or do we have to apply beforehand???

thanks
    dara:D:D

dara95 wrote: »
    hey guys,
    regarding membership can we come along on the day and apply for membership and then play or do we have to apply beforehand???

thanks
    dara:D:D
    hi dara you can sign up on the day,they have the forms on site or print it out and bring it with you,hope i helped
    dec

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

thanks dec

ur a hero!!:D:D

hopefully ill be up this sunday lads!! cant wait !!!:D:D

dara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement