Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Barn Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Great games yesterday, that bomb game was great, good tactics imployed at the end for us to win, well done all.

Did Anybody win that game????, have to say though didn't really like that game. Seems once you had the bomb it was going to be pretty hard to get it into the enemy base with unlimited lives and respawns being very close to the bases. Game concept is good but i think limited lives needed or maybe make it an attack defend games giving defender one life and several for attackers, or make the respawns futher from the bases giving the attackers a chance to take the base. just my opinion.

Otherwise a good day, loved the improved lz and one of the best ran sites i have played in. Hadn't played there in a while and to be treated as if i played there every week was excellent. nice to see loads of good marshalls keeping the games moving.

cheers Lads

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Did Anybody win that game????,
    That was on Saturday Ironman was talking about.:)Sometimes there is an outcome.
    have to say though didn't really like that game. Seems once you had the bomb it was going to be pretty hard to get it into the enemy base with unlimited lives and respawns being very close to the bases. Game concept is good but i think limited lives needed or maybe make it an attack defend games giving defender one life and several for attackers, or make the respawns futher from the bases giving the attackers a chance to take the base. just my opinion.
    Thanks for the opinions. second time that was being played and yeah I agree with you limited lives is probably the way to go, but we hate when players end up sitting out waiting for the game to finish.. bit of a catch 22, mind you there was some very good firefights throughout and at the end of the day thats what its all about. Can't have every objective too easy.
    Otherwise a good day, loved the improved lz and one of the best ran sites i have played in. Hadn't played there in a while and to be treated as if i played there every week was excellent. nice to see loads of good marshalls keeping the games moving.cheers Lads :D
    Thanks for that its always our pleasure.
    Shoot ya next time.:D

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Rat squad

BRILL DAYS GAMING DAMO.luvin the lz upgrade,
    compensates for the thin foliage this time of year.

have to agree with toherinator on the unlimited lives,the game seemed like it was never gonna end but there was mini firefights all over the forest, and the advantage was never with one side for longer than 5 mins at a time.the sides where well matched ,it was a real bb and battery eater.

A suggestion might be to call it at half an hour and swap bases if its not goin anywhere. brill day and great organisation as per usual.
    its great to see a site contantly changing and introducing more challenging games and terrain.

AND tell ro to stop syphoning the jam outta the donuts.;)

All old and unwanted mobile phones

If you have any old and unwanted mobiles please bring them to the Barn for donation.
    They will go to getting a new Interactive Whiteboard for Casa Catriona Special needs school (via Jack and Jill foundation).
    300 mobiles will enable the school to get a very needed teaching tool.

Much appreciated for your help.

:DThanks.:D
    Damian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    All old and unwanted mobile phones

If you have any old and unwanted mobiles please bring them to the Barn for donation.
    They will go to getting a new Interactive Whiteboard for Casa Catriona Special needs school (via Jack and Jill foundation).
    300 mobiles will enable the school to get a very needed teaching tool.

Much appreciated for your help.

:DThanks.:D
    Damian
    Damian pm your address i have a few lying around i will post them to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Lads ,I'm in MAC on Sunday I'll collect and drop to redbarn if that helps ?

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

whydave wrote: »
    Lads ,I'm in MAC on Sunday I'll collect and drop to redbarn if that helps ?

David
    Even better mate nice one

Thanks a lot lads, much appreciated.
    Best of luck with the Christmas Shoot.:)

Thanks to everybody that braved the cold weather this weekend. Great honourable gaming.:D

Days of operation over the Holidays
    26th/27th Dec Closed
    29th Dec National Get out and Skirmish Day
    Free days play( Members only)
    2nd/3rd January open as normal

I'd like to thank everyone who helped make Red Barns opening year a sucessful and enjoyable one.
    To players, marshals and just about anybody who gave a dig out and came to play and have the craic.Lots of new friends made and many more to make.
    Hope you all get some nice prezzies for Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year.
    Damian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Damian,
    I've some phones from MAC (Trevor''Forgot' hisand will post them on) when do you need them by ?
    Merry Christmas to one and all members if Red Barn

whydave wrote: »
    Damian,
    I've some phones from MAC (Trevor''Forgot'[too busy looking for his snow suit]:D his and will post them on) when do you need them by ?
    Merry Christmas to one and all members of Red Barn
    Not sure if there is a deadline but early Jan will do. Thanks to Trevor and the Lads in MAC and to you Dave. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Shane O Mak

Lookin forward to the 29th? Any chance of bookin a bit of sun for it Damian? :D

Lookin forward to the 29th? Any chance of bookin a bit of sun for it Damian? :D
    Oh I'd say there will be sun alright, but its gonna be cooooooold. :DSee you there for a great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SligoAirsoft

Hey Damo,

hope you all have a great Christmas tell Ronan and the lads I was asking for them, I'll try to get down for the 29th, bought myself a Christmas present (and before you say it yes because I'm worth it ha ha) :Dits a new M4 ICS and a few other bits so I'm dieing to give it a good run out ha ha

Just to let players know that on the 29th Dec.' National get out and skirmish day', we will have the guy with the food van on site for sandwiches and rolls etc.
    Gates open at 9.30 am see you all there.

Just to let players know, that are coming tomorrow, a few things;

The laneway from the road and the carpark are extremely icy(can't enphasise this enough).very very slippy....:eek:

Please ensure to have at least one spare battery for your gun as the cold will play havoc with them.

and remember its all about having a fun day of airsoft so please leave any bad-moods at home and just have the craic.:D

and finally please obey marshals instructions for car parking.

Thanks for reading and we look forward to seeing you all tomorrow for what promises to be one hell of a day airsofting.

Damian

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Hi Damo

Me & the boy will be there in the morning to try out our new toys:D, just make sure you have the burco going to thaw us out;)

Cheers

Gray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 l CaESaR l

Will be down tomorrow. Also got a new gun for Christmas and I am dying to try it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Hi Damo

Thanks for a great morning 100 players = awesome gaming.

See ya in the New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Aye, great days gaming, as always :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Thanks for the great day. It was much muddier than the last time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

102=even better ;) lol
    thanks for today it was great even in the weather!
    maybe next time i wont arm the bomb then walk back in front of it:P lol
    thanks to damien for finding my radio after been in the mud for months!i have it on the radiator now.:D:D:D:D:D

till next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

thanks to damien for finding my radio after been in the mud for months!i have it on the radiator now.:D:D:D:D:D

till next time

Mines still out there somewhere since May :(.

By the sound of things the day seemed to have went well :),unfortunately I couldn't make it as I had no lift and even if I did I doubt me Da would of drove on the iced up roads.

Thanks to all who braved the anti airsoft weather yesterday. Final numbers for the day were 119..... you crazy fools:p.

Will forward on the list of those that put in for the draw to Bren over the next day or so.
    Happy New Year to all.
    Damian.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

:Dsavage day on sunday.. great game play . even if i fell on my gun..thanks for the free day lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dibbling

hi are you guys open on sun a few of us might be heading up from galway just wondering what time you open at not sure which venue were going to yet though any details would be great

dibbling wrote: »
    hi are you guys open on sun a few of us might be heading up from galway just wondering what time you open at not sure which venue were going to yet though any details would be great
    Yep we sure are, just back from Galway myself... gotta love the new part of the motorway being open now.
    Gates open from 9.15 and we'll play until it gets dark.
    Walk on fee €25 full day €15 half day , Membership €10(includes bottle of BB's), tea coffe available all day on the house.
    Any more info can be had from the website.( Link below)

Damian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

happy new year dobby,ronan and all at red barn,i havnt been up in a age,but in the new year that will all change,keep up the good work boys,and ill see you soon(from a winter chairsofter)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

deco nate wrote: »
    happy new year dobby,ronan and all at red barn,i havnt been up in a age,but in the new year that will all change,keep up the good work boys,and ill see you soon(from a winter chairsofter)

+1 lads ;)

See you's sometime soon :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement